Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: cat and fabric

Power Poster
    Any of you also do this?

Cat gets all comfy on my project, so I leave him there and do something else instead of dumping/moving him off?

Banned
    i do that.

i've learned that they really just want to lay on whatever i plan on working with so now i have 2 quilts that i never put the binding on and i use them to distract the cats.

i go in the room and pretend i'm going to work on those quilts, they come and lay all over it and play with the strings and batting, once they are happy on those quilts - i pull out my real project and get to work.

i also set up a folding chair and draped quilts over it like its a tent and they go underneath it when they want to go to sleep while i'm working.

I usually realize its time to take a break and play with mine, that she's been watching me work and needs attention of some sort. So yeah when it comes to kitty im a big softy as well. Chris

Those furry housemates do require a certain amount of attention! They LOVE fabric, and whatever I am interested in is good for them also.

The only part I don't like is when the felines have furball attacks whilst on MY fabric! :?

But we try to share the house and live in harmony. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Shemjo
    Those furry housemates do require a certain amount of attention! They LOVE fabric, and whatever I am interested in is good for them also.

The only part I don't like is when the felines have furball attacks whilst on MY fabric! :?

But we try to share the house and live in harmony. :lol:
    Speaking of furball attacks, why do they always have them in the middle of the nite? Loud enuf hacking so it wakes you up, but not enuf so you want to get up. So that you can wonder if you're going to step on it when you head off to the loo?

Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    i do that.

i've learned that they really just want to lay on whatever i plan on working with so now i have 2 quilts that i never put the binding on and i use them to distract the cats.

i go in the room and pretend i'm going to work on those quilts, they come and lay all over it and play with the strings and batting, once they are happy on those quilts - i pull out my real project and get to work.

i also set up a folding chair and draped quilts over it like its a tent and they go underneath it when they want to go to sleep while i'm working.
    that is so clever and funny, klue! :wink:

Speaking of furball attacks, why do they always have them in the middle of the nite? Loud enuf hacking so it wakes you up, but not enuf so you want to get up. So that you can wonder if you're going to step on it when you head off to the loo?[/quote]

bc cats have a real whacked sense of humor! :wink:

Blog Entries
    Oh yes!! :D My Abby girl has to check
    out everything, that I work on. If she
    decides to take a nap on my project,
    then I know that I have done a good job!!
    :D :D :D :D :D :D

Blog Entries
    When the boys come into my sewing room, they are only permitted on the "guest" chair (DH hasn't noticed that on occasion his butt is fuzzy - lol) or the top of the cabinet. I do not let them anywhere where the needles and thread are. (Cats are very prone to swallowing those items and it is my biggest fear.)

Power Poster
    my white cat was a thread fiend! I had to cover all the machines so he couldn't get at them. Even thought wasn't totally cat proof.

Bear doesn't seem interested in thread.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast