This cat is not fat.......

Old 07-10-2010, 10:46 PM

She just about to explode. Poor baby Bella! :cry: I feel so sorry for her, she looks so misrerable. I remember my last 2 weeks of all 4 pregnancies, the longest 2 of my life. She is due most anytime, we're figuring around the 12th maybe to the 15th. As soon as she has weaned her precious brood , she will be fixed. She is a nightmare to live w/when she comes in,attacks legs, feet and whatever she can reach( like my hand and wrist) at lets not forget the calling, flipfloping and wailing. When she not in, she is an angel, but it had gotten to the point of her coming in around every 2 weeks. I was undecided as what to do, some folks said let her have one litter then fix her, others said don't wait. Well, unfortunately that decision was taken out of our hands when one of the kids left the door cracked. She met up with a lovely orange tomcat, and as they say , the rest is history. Will keep all of you updated on her progress. Here on our farm we have had all kinds of babies, but my kids have never experienced kittens being born. My youngest ask Bella while he was rubbing her huge belly , if she was going to hurry up and have those "puppies", I blew tea thru my nose and got choked.That's one for books. Hoping for a small healthy litter.

whoa! what a belly!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]78880[/ATTACH]

misery! But she loves computer paper!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]78881[/ATTACH]

Bella's wrath, all healed now!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]78882[/ATTACH]

Another. She's craves yogurt, how weird is that?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]78887[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-78875.jpe   attachment-78876.jpe   attachment-78877.jpe   attachment-78882.jpe  
Old 07-10-2010, 10:51 PM

She looks just like my Iggie except Iggie's stomach is not full of kittens! She was an itty bitty cat until we got her fixed then she blew up like a balloon! She sure looks funny with these tiny short legs and head and a big round middle! Same temperment too! :D
Old 07-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Power Poster

Poor mama!!! She is so roly poly :D:D:D
Old 07-10-2010, 11:17 PM

Can't wait to see those "puppies"......hehe

I wish Kola could have a litter.......but the vet took her ovaries years ago and won't give them back. :shock:
Old 07-10-2010, 11:31 PM

Oh, what a beautiful mama to-be cat!! :D I bet her little puppies will be darling!! I would have choked on that one too!! :D
Do keep us posted when they arrive!!
:D :D :D :D
Old 07-11-2010, 12:54 AM

Anyone know how to tell if a cats in labor? Do they stop eating or run a temp? I have seen actual birth before but didn't see the signs before the labor.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:20 AM
Banned

They really start looking for a dark quite place, closets, under the bed, somewhere where nobody is around.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:30 AM

She reminds me of my Momma cat that I found when she was pregnant. She wasn't fixed until after 3 litters (or 3 puppy births) and she actually started having the last one on my lap!! Don't have any kitties right now - miss them.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:45 AM

We've had several kitty births.
she will most likely hide and yes they stop eating
but we had one years ago that slept on our bed
she had her kitties on top of my husbands legs in the middle of the night
He was lying on his stomach and if I had't heard them mewing and woke up, telling him not to move. He might have squished them when he rolled over in his sleep!
We have a litter outside at the moment a stray she had them under our shed, haven't seen them yet. But she has stuck around and I feed her.
post pics!
Old 07-11-2010, 04:19 AM

When my Misty was in labor she was very close to me. I was pregnant too, about 3 months at the time. She was restless and I knew something was going on, so I stayed up with her. She jump next to me and found her way to my belly. She laid there and I could see her contractions. At one point she even complaint while having a contraction and I immediately picked her up and put it in her basket. The minute I put her down the first kitten came out. She wanted to give birth on top of me. When she finally realized that she was on her own on this one, she stayed in the basket for the next 3, but I was right next to her with my hand on her all the time. The following night she got busy again and picked up all 4 kittens and brought them to my bed. She laid them all on my belly again and went into her crate. She gave birth to a stillborn kitten. Is amazing how smart this animals can be.

She raised them in the house, but she liked to go outside, so any time she wanted to go out, she would bring me the kittens to my lap. She broke my heart one day. We found homes for all her babies when they were about 12 weeks old. I gave birth myself. Emmanuel was born premature and super tiny. We brought him home a week after birth, and he sounded like a kitten himself. Every time he cried she jumped on the crib and tried to nurse him. I had to get her out of the crib each time. three days after he came home she asked to go out and didn't come back. We went out to find her. She was living in a barn nearby. I kept bringing her home but she kept leaving. My neighbor said he would take her if she wanted to be there. I took her to get fix so she didn't have to go through this again. She was such a good mama.