Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: cat peeing on bed

Blog Entries
    Hope u get it resolved! Frustrating I'm sure!

Have checked for a urinary tract infection. If not a UTI it is behavioral and most likely due to stress, feliway might help, rescue remedy might help, if all else fails she might have to be crate trained ( had to do this with my cat with a pooping problem after my baby was born).

All of the above suggestions are good and I have a cat that does this. She has to be on a special diet - Hills Multicare dry and wet - because the condition began with Struvite crystals forming and pressing against her kidney. It was very painful to urinate and she began peeing on the bed because pain was associated with going to the litter box. Surgery took care of the stones against the kidney and prescription Hills keeps the stones from retuning...ka ching ka ching. Her sister cat is the alpha cat so there is also a lot of stress. Ask the vet about FIC, http://www.animalgeneral.com/ag_news_jan09.html...this does NOT go away! I cover my bed every morning with a plastic drop cloth. It is a lot easier than changing the entire bed! Good luck.

Covering the bed and a new litter box are good ideas. All the ideas suggested above are good. It could be the stress of going to a smaller place, or perhaps the train, if it is really close and too loud for the cat. Don't know what to do about that, except the Fel-i-way. Checking with the vet is the best place to start.

My neighbors cat started doing this and her vet said she had a UTI infection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2