cat photos

Old 01-28-2011, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
Callie testing out a new sink!
oh!!! that makes me miss my little cyber sooooo much!!! he LOVED sleeping in the bathroom sink.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:01 AM

Your kitty is so appreciative that you warmed the spot for him!
Old 01-29-2011, 11:15 AM
Kas

Originally Posted by gaigai
Originally Posted by beachlady
OK, I need to go buy a cat now!!!

No, don't buy one. Go to the spca or other shelter and rescue one. I guarantee you'll be happy!
That isn't free, so really, even though you are rescuing a sweet kitty, you are still buying it. And it is worth it. The only pure bred cat we have ever had was when I was a child and he was a rescue in a way. His owner was a breeder and was killed in a car wreck. Her mom worked w/ my grandmother and was trying to find homes for all the cats. It was my first example of an answered prayer in our house (though we would rather someone didn't die) because my dad said we couldn't have any other cat except a Siamese. He grew up with them, but I think he thought we couldn't ever get one. Well, we did. He lived 20 years!
Old 02-03-2011, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Kas

No, don't buy one. Go to the spca or other shelter and rescue one. I guarantee you'll be happy!
That isn't free, so really, even though you are rescuing a sweet kitty, you are still buying it. And it is worth it. ...
My shelter system has discounted months and free months due to overcrowding. We have had several months in a row when all cats were free. It doesn't hurt to look online and check pricing but I prefer to give them full price anyway. Every little bit helps.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by pookie ookie
Originally Posted by Kas

That isn't free, so really, even though you are rescuing a sweet kitty, you are still buying it. And it is worth it. ...
My shelter system has discounted months and free months due to overcrowding. We have had several months in a row when all cats were free. It doesn't hurt to look online and check pricing but I prefer to give them full price anyway. Every little bit helps.
non-related comment...but pookie...i cked to see where you live because of your comment about free cats/overcrowding. and saw basically that you "location" is the trifid nebula...so..i just thought that every one should know that you live in one of the most beautiful 'neighborhoods' in the universe...[i live in the horsehead nebula :))]

fr NASA website
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169077[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-169072.jpe