Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cataract Surgery

Cataract Surgery

Just thought I'd put this out there for any of our quilting friends who have been advised to have the surgery.
    I had one of my eyes done a week ago and I'm still astounded at how my vision has improved. It was absolutely painless and over in 15 minutes. I don't know why I waited ( of course I do I was terrified; it was my eyes, and my art is my soul's expression), but I'm scheduled for the other in March and can hardly wait. Be brave!
    MaryKatherine
    marykayhopkins123.blogspot.ca

I had cataract surgery on both eyes. Gosh what a difference, didn't realize I had so many wrinkles!!
    Ths surgery was fast and easy, I would recomend it to anyone that needs it.
    Doris1334

j
    I dont even wear glasses now, except when I am on the computer. What a good change. - J

Quote Originally Posted by Doris1334 View Post
    I had cataract surgery on both eyes. Gosh what a difference, didn't realize I had so many wrinkles!!
    Ths surgery was fast and easy, I would recomend it to anyone that needs it.
    Doris1334
    Yeah the wrinkles..the only down side.
    MaryKatherine
    marykayhopkins123.blogspot.ca

Blog Entries
    ditto, here. I had my dominant eye done a couple of years ago in conjunction with my kerataconus surgery. I'm waiting for my next insurance to kick in to have the other eye done. I only wear glasses for close up work. The surgeon said that he will make my other eye 'monovision' like in contacts. that would be awesome
    Nancy in western NY

I had both eyes done a couple years ago and what a difference. The only time I have to wear glasses now is when I use the computer or read. Reading glasses are sure a lot cheaper than prescription ones. Get them at the dollar store. Anyone putting it off, don't. Well worth it.

I had both eyes done a couple of years ago, I was scared at first, but no pain, little maintenance afterwards and could see so much better. Only use cheaters to read small print.
    Lynda

Me too, isn't it amazing how bright, and colorful everything is. Wow!

Got mine done. No more pretty colors around the lights at night. LOL Can get out and go to Wally World at night now. Not that I really want to. LOL
    You can get older, but you never have to grow up!

Blog Entries
    I am very glad and happy for all of you that have had successful cataract surgery. I had cataract surgery done on both eyes last year, and if I could go back and undo it I would. I have a dark line in my vision on the outer edge of each eye. Was told "it's scar tissue and will fade over time" It hasn't. I still have "light halos" on a lot of things, especially headlights on cars, which cuts down on much driving at night. Still have to wear glasses,( bifocals ) and still need glasses for using the computer. At my 6 month exam after surgery, was told by the surgeon, "you must allways remember, any surgery of any kind, nothing can be guaranteed".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast