Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Cathy's First Birthday at "Home" >

Cathy's First Birthday at "Home"

Cathy's First Birthday at "Home"

Old 10-16-2010, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
You and Adrian have been in my thoughts all day today. I send you hugs. Every time I drive by your old house I think of you two and hope things are getting better.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

heh! Old house, yeah that is something that I know will never again be mine. That was literally a lifetime ago. And now..that life is over and it is time to turn a page and start out in a new chapter, as a Phase 2 if you will.

Cathy was a riot sometimes. But the one thing that I always came to trust was when she would stop me from saying something dumb. HA HA HA!! I have done that a few times lately. She would see me raise and eyebrow and start to open my mouth and she would just say, Arron, stop! Not the time! Let it go!" HA HA HA!!! I sure wish I could post pictures because there is an awesome one of her I put up on my Facebook page! One of the last I took of her. She blew an entire weeks worth of my pay to have a NICE outfit for a wedding reception. I didn't say a word to her! I did kind of do the Horse sound under my breath as I saw the receipts!!! HA HA!! But was so upset about it. i told her not to worry about it as she needed a nice set of clothes. And I mean SET!!!; underwear, skirt, blouse, cover vest, new make up, and even SHOES!!! But she did look amazing! And her smile and the way she has her arms......... yeah. Need to stop now!

I hope ya' all have had a good one! Enjoy those little things.

7-3's Ya' all! 7-3 is best wishes in HAM talk by the way.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:04 PM

I know the coming holidays will be hard, stay strong. It is so hard to lose people you love. Thanks for writing what you did.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:28 PM

Hang in there, Aaron...remember baby steps...little by little you will heal, somedays worse than others...{{{HUGS}}}
Old 10-16-2010, 06:50 PM

I, for one, am so glad that you come to us when you are having bad days or good days. Even though I never met Cathy, I did correspond with her just a bit. One day at a time!
Old 10-16-2010, 06:59 PM

Arron, this post touched me deeply & profoundly the other day when I read it. I am a new member here & did have the opportunity to share posts with Cathy. I had to go back & read up on her posts. I actually cried when I read of the fire, then the group joining hands to aid the family, a member donating a sewing machine & other members sending fabrics, notions, etc.

I hope that your home has or is being rebuilt & you & Adrian are rebuilding & healing too.

Anyway, I made her cauliflower soup...HA! I loved it & so did my family. Thank you Cathy!

God bless
Old 10-16-2010, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
Your family is in my thoughts today. I know the holidays coming up will be hard too. I lost my Darling Daughter just over a year ago. I still think of her every day, but the pain has softened. I try to keep the good memories alive to replace the sadness.
Your family will get through this, one day at a time. Just keep loving each other. That's what she would want....
Ditter, I am so sorry for your loss. My brother passed at age 37 so I understand how difficult this is for you. Do you have other children? I am fortunate to have three more brothers but he was so special , I always felt like he was my own child. I feel tha way about all of them. Here are hugs, and more hugs.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by adriansmom
Just wanted to take a few and say hi again and let you all know that today sucks so far as I miss her alot, more so now than at first, but I know she is in a good place and loving what she is able to do now and with whom she can do it.

I just saw the thread about thinking of loved ones who have gone "home" and it is a good one!

Please Please!!! If you are not feeling "Normal" and think you need to get it checked, then do so!! And then get a second opinion!!!! This is critical!! I have come to learn that is something you owe to everyone around to give the opportunity to spend time with and enjoy your company and just BE THERE!

Take NOTHING FOR GRANTED! Appreciate all things for what they are meant to be! There is no set time line and no one knows when it will be gone in nothing more than a heartbeat, or just the simple thing as a beautiful breath of fresh air!

Because you just never when you will have to say goodbye to something so precious and beautiful. At 37 you are not supposed to bury your wife, but it happens all the time and life does go forward. You don't "move on" you just go through it! And it pushes you back alot of the time, but it does get better and things go smoother and eventually the bad fades and it is less hurtful. Days go by very slowly, yet the months seem to fly by, strange it works that way. Today is three months and six days! Only know that because today would have been her 37 birthday.

So take a few and tell that someone you care about them, and make sure they know it! I would ask ya' all to keep what I typed in mind when your health exams are due!!! You owe it to those who care about and to rob them of that time and opportunity is a crime against life itself! Don't be a robber!!! Ya' all take care now!

Happy Birthday Goofus! (Cathy, adriansmom) From that ol' guy who misses her deeply.
I'm so sorry for your loss!! You will survive but you will never forget. When I lost my brother at a young age, when trying to console my Mother I said we were very lucky because GOD gave him to us and not to some other family. We were privileged to have had him with us. Hope you can see it that way also. Maybe not today but soon.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:47 PM

I lost my daughter 3 years ago - 5 days before her 28th birthday. I pass the cross her "brother" made for her twice a day. I too, know she's in a MUCH better place. If you've had words with someone , or haven't told someone "I love you" lately, do it!!! :)
Old 10-17-2010, 01:52 AM

My heart goes out to you in this difficult adjustment in life. Just "hang in there" as the saying goes, time DOES heal -- we never get over missing our loved ones but we do learn to cope better. I think of it as a cut on our finger -- it hurts alot at first but heals and leaves a scar which will always be there but does not hurt. I was a widow at 33 years of age and over the years have lost parents and other near and dear to me so I speak from experience. Mrs. Sew 'n Sew
Old 10-18-2010, 06:34 AM

Hugs