I had to do a very sad thing Friday. I had to have my beloved cat Molley put to sleep because she at some thread. I did not know that this is dangerous for cats. They can not pass it through their stomachs and it causes the stomach to fold back over on its self and eventually causes perforation of the bowel. That is what happened to Molley and inspite of the efforts of the vet to save her it was to late. So please watch you cats that they don't eat thread. My vet said that is one of the biggest killers of house cats where their owners do sewing of any kind. I miss her so much and if I had known this I never would have allowed her into my sewing room.