Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Celebrating the 4th

Celebrating the 4th

Happy Fourth of July to all the US members on the board.
    Colorado is under a statewide fireworks ban, for obvious reasons. At one point I believe there were about 20 wildfires in the state with the one in Colorado springs being the most devastating.
    So DH has put all of his pics of fireworks on DVD for our 7 year old grandson to watch, some are video with sound so it should be close to the real thing. I think he is a real sweetheart to do this an (I think a great photographer, too.)
    we'll be watching on our daughter's giant big screen TV.

What a great way to celebrate the 4th with your family!! So sorry about the fires in Colorado!

Power Poster
    That is just so thoughtful of your husband - but our grandchildren are so important to us and he really is showing just how much. So sorry to hear about all the devastation out there.

Blog Entries
    I am so sorry to hear about all the fires your state is having. Actually, we had a "no burn" notice here in MS today although it did rain a good bit this afternoon. My DIL explained to my DGS about maybe not being able to shoot fireworks tonight. She told him about all the fires and losing houses and people having to leave their homes because of fires that couldn't be stopped in time. He is 7 and asked her lots of questions about it.

They live on a huge recreational reservoir and friends were going to contact the Water Patrol to see if they could shoot fireworks on the water. I haven't heard yet if they got to.