Cell Phone Cases

Old 08-11-2013, 09:26 AM

Default Cell Phone Cases

I have the droid razor m. Anyone who has this phone or I guess any of the 2 PC hard covers do they break easily and also do they have a lip on the front so when you put the phone face down it wont scratch it? There are a lot more designs of those.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:29 AM

I had a hard case on my last phone and it did protect my phone when I dropped it. The case would come apart but the phone was fine. I would use one again. There are clear protectors you can get for the face of the phone too. I didn't put one on and my phone didn't get scratched....the case came out a little bit all around it.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:54 AM

I have a neoprene sleeve on my Ipod touch with a clear vinyl scratch protector that keeps the screen from getting messed up.

I am extremely careful with it. Something that size cost me 300 dollars...LOL I have had it for years. Still looks brand new.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:38 AM

Most of the newer phones are flat faced so very easy to smash. My daughter went to Walmarts and got the OuterBox (best for protection)to protect her Samsung because she's very hard on them and needed protection ASAP giving her past. For my Samsung she went to Amazon and got one for less than 1/2 the price. The harder boxes are better for your phones and some are even water proof. With the cost of replacing a phone, even with a warranty, I wouldn't own one without a protective case. Some have a face plate that covers the face so there are no scratches and alot less fingerprints too. I was able to get additional face covers for mine in different colors so that my phone looks like its pink but its all white. Check Amazon.

The outer box has two cases, the inside one is hard and pretty much seals your phone, the second one is rubberized and really makes a difference when you drop it because it keeps it from hitting so hard. Kind of gives it a little bounce if you will

Last edited by romanojg; 08-11-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:06 AM

I got my hubby the Otter box for his Droid RAZR Maxx HD. I bought him the Defender model. They also have the Commuter model for the Droid phones. They're awesome cases as the protection is great and offers the best protection like romanojg (Judy) said. Check out eBay as you can get a great deal there
Old 08-11-2013, 01:11 PM
Power Poster

I cringe when I see the expensive smart phone, tablet or e reader without a protective case. Yep, one fall and it hits the corner and it's a goner. A good cover will come with protective screen. Unless the cover absorbs shock it won't protect from a corner hit. The Otter Box Defender is one of the best for everyday hazards. The sewn fabric covers are pretty but won't protect anything.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:04 PM

My ex and his "girlfriend" told my son they'd get him a cell phone. Of course it was a smart phone. He's a contractor so it took about 1 day for him to drop his phone and crack the front, then about a month later on the site it slid into the water and that was that for that phone. They had no problem in buying him an expensive phone (even tough it was free in the beginning) but wouldn't spend the 10 on the warranty so he ended up with no phone. All would have been prevented if first of all he'd gotten a good case and they hadn't been so cheap to a warranty. I have the otter box and I just created a cell phone case on my embroidery machine that is also a coin purse. So I have both,one is for protection like BellaBoo said and the other for looks. These phones are too expensive and you have to wait 2yrs to replace them unless you have some money.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:42 AM

Protection is good. Accidents happen. i put my finger through an iPad screen. An accident, but we were glad to have insurance. Replacement=no cost and no questions! We do have covers on all our cell phones.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:14 AM

I have the otter box for my iPhone 5. I had it on my lap one day and got out of the car. Phone hit the concrete driveway and slid down the drive. Not a scratch. I have dropped it several times. I am usually very careful with any phone I have had, but this one cost so much, it was worth the insurance and the otter box.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:20 AM

Default Cell Phone covers

I have an iPhone 4s with an OtterBox Defender case. It has worked really well for me, as I have dropped the phone numerous times. It has a hardcover that protects the glass in a hard case, then a neoprene cover over that. When the neoprene tore after a long time, I called OtterBox and they had me send pics of the case, and they replaced the entire case - free.

My DGD has a LifeProof case. It is guaranteed under water. When you first get the case, you put it together without the phone in it and place it in a bucket of water for a period of time. If it leaks, send the case back and they will send another one to you. Once you determine that it does not leak, then place the phone in it. My DGD's first case leaked, so she sent it back. The second one worked fine. She is a Senior this coming year, a swimmer and lifeguard at the pool so she needed extra protection for her phone. She takes pictures underwater with it. BUT - you cannot talk on the phone underwater. I intend to get one of these cases eventually.