Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Change of plans due to snow

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,963
    Blog Entries
    2
    Our trip to PA, which we were sooooo looking forward to as we were going to see the grandkids (and kids) is now changing directions due to forecasted snow. :(

    We will head south instead. :-)

    We both have off work Friday - Tuesday and now are looking to head to Daytona Beach,and Flagler Beach area (FL) to just relax, enjoy warmer weather, a heated pool and ... the races at Daytona Speedway.

    Now to loose a few pounds for that swim suit! lol

  2. #2
    Super Member drivingsusan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S Oregon
    Posts
    1,009
    I am so filled with envy---a trip south to warmth!! Have a great time!!
    Susan

  3. #3
    Power Poster dkabasketlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    10,281
    Hi, from the sunny state of Florida, NOT. Right now it's 50 and our furnace is running. Pack some warm clothes and enjoy the Daytona 500! I live in Lakeland so I'm not too far from Daytona. What part of PA. were you going to? My DH's family still lives in Lancaster.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,963
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
    Hi, from the sunny state of Florida, NOT. Right now it's 50 and our furnace is running. Pack some warm clothes and enjoy the Daytona 500! I live in Lakeland so I'm not too far from Daytona. What part of PA. were you going to? My DH's family still lives in Lancaster.
    Hi,
    We've checked the weather and I know I need to pack warmer clothes especially for the races. It's not the Daytona 500, but the Budweiser Shoot Out and a few other races going on during the day. The Shoot Out is a night race, so will be chilly. But the heated indoor pool will be nice as well as the view of the ocean!

    We had been going to Harrisburg to the Eastern Sportsman show, then to Walnutport, then Tamaqua (to visit family) and then to Morgantown to Hayloft Fabric store. We may have also stopped in the Reading/Hamburg area.
    We lived in Hamburg/Reading for several years until 1990.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,963
    Blog Entries
    2
    Change of plans to change of plans.
    Oh what a difference a few hours make.

    We are staying home. My DH got a promotion at work instead and has to postpone his vacation time.

    Now, I have the time off and he doesn't ---- time to quilt!

    Guess we will watch the race on TV and the Super Bowl too.

  6. #6
    Super Member Chasing Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    6,169
    Don't you have a 4x4? Here in Oregon, at least where I live I couldn't get out of my driveway. Next time the grandkids see you, you will have a nice tan though. hehe

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,963
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
    Don't you have a 4x4? Here in Oregon, at least where I live I couldn't get out of my driveway. Next time the grandkids see you, you will have a nice tan though. hehe
    No 4 x 4, but that's not our plan now. God had other plans and we need to stay home b/c of husband's new job promotion. No travel, no tan, no excess money spent. MORE TIME TO QUILT!

    Actually making curtains at the moment.

  8. #8
    Super Member Chasing Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    6,169
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
    Don't you have a 4x4? Here in Oregon, at least where I live I couldn't get out of my driveway. Next time the grandkids see you, you will have a nice tan though. hehe
    No 4 x 4, but that's not our plan now. God had other plans and we need to stay home b/c of husband's new job promotion. No travel, no tan, no excess money spent. MORE TIME TO QUILT!

    Actually making curtains at the moment.
    Oh cool, I made curtains for my kitchen at our old house, luckily they also fit some of the windows in the new house too. Tell your husband you need a Dodge 4x4 with the Hemi engine, so you can get to the quilt store faster. And congrats on his new promotion.

  9. #9
    grammynan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Stewartstown, PA
    Posts
    432
    We have plans to visit our kids in Washington DC on Saturday to celebrate my birthday. I guess we're going to get snowed in instead. Gee, maybe l'll put together the quilt I've been appliqueing. But I'd much rather see our kids! :cry:

  10. #10
    Moderator littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,963
    A promotion. What great news. That's a good reason to stay home. And you get to quilt too. :D :D :D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.