Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Children's Benadryl helped Molly so much!

Blog Entries
    Molly, my mini-poodle paniced tonight with the fireworks. Honestly, this little tiny town sounded like a war zone. I gave her the benadryl. She still didn't like the fireworks, but she stopped panting and her heartbeat slowed waaaaay down so she could rest. What a relief it was. I felt so bad for her. A couple of people mentioned tough love, that is not an option when a poor little dog is so terribly upset. She is sleeping peacefully now, and I am going to join her... Everyone have a great night!

Blog Entries
    Individual fire works where band here. Didn't have to worry this year

same here in Denton, fire works show was cancelled and no fireworks were allowed in the entire county. too dry

Our dog watched the display. However he did not like the noise when the smaller booms came so frequently. He wanted back in the house.

Blog Entries
    When the bangs started here, one cat went under the bed and the other used his claws to stay in my lap. He flatly refused to leave me, poor darling. He even forced me to carry him with me when I had to go to the bathroom and only got down when I showered. He finally decided to stay there since the bangs were still going on out side. He's still there, and Frederica is still under the bed.

We were once at our place in the north on the fourth-our dog was so frightened of the fireworks that she took off swimming to get away from them. We looked for her over an hour-when she finally came to the door, still shivering and obviously very tired and frightened. After that, we always went somewhere else when the neighbors started their spectular display. The two we have right now don't seem to be bothered, thank God!

I feel sorry for animals when fireworks are going off. Glad the Benadryl helped.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey
    Our dog watched the display. However he did not like the noise when the smaller booms came so frequently. He wanted back in the house.
    My old Clyde, too. When they started, he wanted to go out, sit on the porch and watch!