Christmas memories......

Old 11-19-2010, 07:36 PM

My DD still talks about knowing that there were underwear, socks and jammies under the tree. She does the same thing with her kids now.....

She also decorated the tree from the age of 4-5 after I strung the lights. I think that is one reason I don't put up a big tree any more. Along with the idea I am to lazy....
Old 11-19-2010, 09:45 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Frosted homemade brownies topped with peppermint stick ice cream and homemade hot fudge sauce for Christmas dinner dessert!

Jan in VA
Old 11-19-2010, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
Frosted homemade brownies topped with peppermint stick ice cream and homemade hot fudge sauce for Christmas dinner dessert!

Jan in VA
I wanna come to your house for dessert!! :)
Old 11-19-2010, 09:57 PM

Way back in the depression my Grandpa would walk to town for something (don't remember any boughten presents) and bring back stuff in a big burlap bag that hung low on his back. In it he had the most marvelous tasting fruit, oranges, which we did not have as a rule. And candy that had pictures of flowers all the way through them. They had the most marvelous taste I'd ever felt in my mouth!!!
And I was mad for years because at age 10 my boy cousin got a 22 and I got a stupid doll, even though I was a far better shot than he was.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:20 PM

Going to my Grandma's and helping her with dinner, setting the table and being able to sit on the "special stool" that we'd all fight over. :)
Old 11-20-2010, 10:25 AM

Living on the farm and going out in the woods with my parents to find and chop down our Christmas tree. My mother always made Christmas so special without having much money to spend.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:50 PM

We would go to my grandpa's. My mom would make and decorate 2 birthday cakes to take along one for my grandpa and one for my brother - both Christmas day birthdays. It had to suck not ever having their own special day but everybody was always there to celebrate.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:40 PM

Every Christmas Eve for the past 27 years (that's how long my DH and I have been married), we've had pizza for dinner. The first Christmas we were married, we were leaving early on Christmas morning to spend a few days with my folks. My DH and I decided to celebrate our Christmas on Christmas Eve, but didn't want to have a big dinner with lots of leftovers that would just sit in the fridge and then get thrown away. So, we got a pizza and took the leftovers for lunch along the way to my folks on Christmas Day. It's rather quirky, but it's our special tradition!