Christmas

Old 08-22-2014, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
Dottymo, sounds like you had a great day. Is it only the buses or can you travel on the tube?? Wish they had that is Southern California. As seniors, we get half of the bus fair.
We can travel by public transport buses any time for free after 9.30am although some counties do all day for free. Going upstairs on the double deckers is great as you can see over the hedges and into gardens or just the miles of scenery. Leek is called "queen of the Moors " and Buxton is in the Peak District and is split into 2 sections with a steep little climb between the two. Better to go once the tourists have left. The bus is fascinating as everyone knows each other and dogs also go to Buxton for walks in the hills. Some of the isolated farms catch up with each other's life as you travel along. Will definately be going again.

Today is Leek but in the car as the bus journey to long and times wa nt fit my sewing class in bibilot. Going to make a bag in 3 hours. They don't know I sew think I am a beginner until I get there. All I need to take is me no machine or notions