Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Christmas Tea favors ideas?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Central New York State :o)
    Posts
    283
    I am in charge of coming up with a favor for our Women's Christmas Tea at church. We will need 600 of them, so they need to be easy and inexpensive to make. I had vague thoughts of sewing a million tea bags (little fabric bags that we could put a special tea bag in - like from Celestial Seasonings - and include a little tag with the theme bible verse on it), but do we really want to sew 600 of them. Then again if we start now...

    Any ideas would be appreciated. TIA!

  2. #2
    Cyn
    Cyn is offline
    Super Member Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville NC
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    17
    Yikes, I don't know but I bet I would end up buying something :(
    I do like that saying about women don't know how strong they are until they are in hot water or something like that...

  3. #3
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13,719
    Now that's some tea party ... 600 people!! WOW!!!!!

    Could you get a bunch of people together and make them together? Probably wouldn't take long if you had some cutting, some sewing, some pressing .........

    Could you get a specialty tea shop to donate the tea?

    At times I've seen little organza bags with ribbon draw strings at the $ $tore that'd be perfect for your purpose.



    From the other perspective .... do they "need" a take home gift?

  4. #4
    Senior Member quiltingme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    599
    Put your tea bags in those little key sized envelopes from an office store, and affix decorative labels run off on your computer and printer.

  5. #5
    Super Member redkimba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    1,725
    I made "Russian tea" with Tang for my teachers at Xmas. You could do that & put it into little jars.

    Upton Tea has some really nice winter/spice teas that would be good.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Central New York State :o)
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE
    Now that's some tea party ... 600 people!! WOW!!!!!

    Could you get a bunch of people together and make them together? Probably wouldn't take long if you had some cutting, some sewing, some pressing .........

    Could you get a specialty tea shop to donate the tea?

    At times I've seen little organza bags with ribbon draw strings at the $ $tore that'd be perfect for your purpose.



    From the other perspective .... do they "need" a take home gift?
    We always do some kind of favor. Last year it was a Lindt white chocolate in tulle with ribbon holding the verse. Being a sewer, I was looking for something different and sewing related.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Central New York State :o)
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltingme
    Put your tea bags in those little key sized envelopes from an office store, and affix decorative labels run off on your computer and printer.
    Hmmm...there's an idea. Thanks!

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Central New York State :o)
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by redkimba
    I made "Russian tea" with Tang for my teachers at Xmas. You could do that & put it into little jars.

    Upton Tea has some really nice winter/spice teas that would be good.
    Thanks for the tip!

  9. #9
    Super Member PegD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,167
    Blog Entries
    4
    http://needlingthings.blogspot.com/2...d-catcher.html

    How about these, you could put sugar and creamer packets in them also.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Central New York State :o)
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by PegD
    http://needlingthings.blogspot.com/2...d-catcher.html

    How about these, you could put sugar and creamer packets in them also.
    Too cute! I may have to make one just for me. LOL.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.