Christmas Tree

Old 12-18-2010, 09:08 PM

I put out our tree today., it is only a 3 foot fiber optic tree, ut it is very nice and my cats love to look at it because it revolves and he lights are different colors. I have 4 other trees, but they are still in storage in our loft and I haven't felt like climbing up ona ladder to get it down. the fiber optic tree will have to do this holiday season.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:09 PM

I have mixed emotions about putting up the Christmas tree.. If I put it up, I have to take it down.. I'm still putting one up, but all I put on it now are lots of lights, and clear acrylic ornaments.. they look pretty and the babies can't break them.. They like to grab one off the tree as it rotates past them.. and then after they've all looked it over well, one of them will put it back on the tree on another branch.. then grab another one off.. They think its a fun game and I don't stop their fun. My own kids would never have gotten to do that, but hey, these are my grandkids, so I let them. No fancy trees with special handmade or fragile ornaments... I'll keep doing it as long as they are having fun.. when the fun is over, then I think I'll stop putting up the tree.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:20 PM
Power Poster

Yea I hope I will always put up a tree.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:42 PM

my ggirls are in florida so it is not worth putting up all the stuff if they are not going to be there. this year i came to them. am here and i am going to enjoy myself.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:07 PM

I have no children to speak of. I put up a tree every year for my own enjoyment. I decorate the whole house for that matter. I love Christmas and I don't know what I would do if Christmas rolled around and I didn't decorate. For me that would be blasfamous. Nobody will probably even stop by. No biggie. I don't do it for anyone else but me. I love it and will continue to decorate every year until I can't anymore.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by kbs
For those with grown children and grandchildren who are not close by and are not expected for the holidays, do you still put up a Christmas Tree?
No, haven't had a Christmas tree up since my daughter graduated from high school, and she is now 42 years old. But we do celebrate Christmas.