Chronic Fatigue Study Info

Old 02-23-2011, 02:48 PM

I know there is a big Fibro thread on-going and so I thought that maybe there are enough CFS suffers that you might be interested in this study. Just another nail in the coffin of IAIYH (It's all in your head).

http://www.cfids.org/research/proteome-analysis.pdf
Old 02-23-2011, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by greenini
I know there is a big Fibro thread on-going and so I thought that maybe there are enough CFS suffers that you might be interested in this study. Just another nail in the coffin of IAIYH (It's all in your head).

http://www.cfids.org/research/proteome-analysis.pdf
-------------------
It's NOT all in your head, it's in all your body and body fluids. If you've been diagnosed with CFS, then you aren't allowed to donate blood, since we at this time don't know how long it remains in the blood.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:55 PM

cfs and fybro go hand-in-hand mayo clenic thinks that cfs is the start of fybro
Old 02-23-2011, 04:04 PM

Interesting article, thanks for sharing it...
Old 02-23-2011, 04:08 PM

If you have any auto-immune disease or any even slightly related neurological issues, you should read about Low Dose Naltrexone. It is an old drug being used for new things in an off-label dosage.

I am taking it for Rheumatoid Arthritis, and I have dropped all my "traditional" drugs for this one little tiny capsule. I am feeling really good. It is NOT a cure, but it an alternative way to handle the symptoms until a cure is found. It works for lots of different things...

www.lowdosenaltrexone.org
Old 02-25-2011, 11:14 AM

Please, I have CFS, I KNOW it's for real, and I posted this as one more of the studies that keep trying to let the doubting thomas' know about the reality of it. I have heard it said that we suffer as badly as a patient who is in the last month or month and a half of full blown AIDS. That's quite a statistic, IMHO.

Sadly the Brits have just published a study pushing cbt (cognitive behavioral therapy) as the "cure". The theory on that in the CFS community is that they are trying to save money by not treating CFS/ME as a physical disease. If you are interested in patient info check this website:
The CFIDS Association of America <[email protected]>

They are a non-profit organization that has funded a ton of current research projects that are beginning to bear fruit, finally. I support them financially whenever I can and usually ask my donations be directed to research.

And thanks for the info on LDN. I'll ask my infectious disease doc about it.