Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Cleaning out and finding odd things.

Quote Originally Posted by jbj137 View Post
    I love Iron On Transfers.
    Do not throw them away.
    Send them my way.
    J J
    J J go here

http://www.quiltingboard.com/offers-...e-t174884.html

Blog Entries
    What you don't dispose of on the board you can give to the local senior center. I have taken many things to them and they act as if it is Christmas day, they are just so thrilled to have some of the things we no longer want or need especially any thing related to needle work.
    Happy Quilting
    Judy in Lower Michigan

The same thing happened to me before I moved. While going through boxes of un-remembered items found enough bear claw blocks to make a quilt. Lots of applique patterns of just about every imagineable. Some items I just wondered why in the world would I saved that. Laughing, laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
    Would make a great applique pattern.
    I wonder if that one could be paperpieced??? Looks really good.
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Very interesting. I remember doing those seed pictures when i was a kid.

in minnesota, there is even a category for "seed art" in the entries, every year. (it's called "crop art", now) the entrants are, indeed, adults, who are very skilled. i don't know--maybe it's because we are a farm state. some of them are pretty remarkable, some are kind of amateurish. everybody starts somewhere, i reckon! http://blogs.citypages.com/dressingr...state_fair.php
    "life is a banquet, and most poor fools are out there, starving to death!"--"auntie mame"

cleaning out

Quote Originally Posted by damaquilts View Post
    Now this may not seem odd to you but I haven't seen things like this since kindergarten. Seed pictures for real??? And my question to myself is Where did I get all this STUFF??? I am finding old pieced blocks (ok that one I can kinda understand) Bunches and bunches of iron on transfers, Blocks that have been partially painted, old patterns , old magazines. oy vey. If I close my eyes will it go away if I wish real hard. lol
    When you find craft supplies you no longer want- donate them to a day care or nursing home. Any care giver or activity person worth his/her salt will know how to use them to entertain his/her students/ residents. We don't like to see anything go to waste.

Blog Entries
    heck, Mitchell, South Dekota does a seed picture on the "corn palace". The outside of a building is completely covered in ideas like these. See, you could have a new hobby!!! lol hehe
    To make lots of quilts, is to have lots of scraps, and I do, and I do.
    BarbaraSue

Quote Originally Posted by svenskaflicka1 View Post
    in minnesota, there is even a category for "seed art" in the entries, every year. (it's called "crop art", now) the entrants are, indeed, adults, who are very skilled. i don't know--maybe it's because we are a farm state. some of them are pretty remarkable, some are kind of amateurish. everybody starts somewhere, i reckon! http://blogs.citypages.com/dressingr...state_fair.php
    Thank you for sending that link. They are amazing. I am now ashamed of the comment I made, but I really didn't know. Lesson learned check things out before making dumb comments. I should know better being a quilter.

Quote Originally Posted by damaquilts View Post
    Thank you for sending that link. They are amazing. I am now ashamed of the comment I made, but I really didn't know. Lesson learned check things out before making dumb comments. I should know better being a quilter.
    nah--don't apologize! every year we are flabbergasted by the talent there--and by the sometimes awful stuff that gets in. it is art, after all--art is made to bring about a strong reaction, whether positive or negative...kind of like some of those quilts we make, and then question our own sanity in the choices... and like barbarasue said, check out the mitchell corn place! now that's some crop art!!!
    "life is a banquet, and most poor fools are out there, starving to death!"--"auntie mame"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3