click'n'ship

Old 08-10-2016, 02:50 PM

Default click'n'ship

If anyone has used the USPS Click'n'ship, I would like to ask a few questions.

Do I have to use specific labels, or can it be printed on plain paper and taped with shipping tape? This will go on Priority Mail padded envelopes.

I have heard that postage is a little less if this method is used. I can't find that info on the USPS site.

Thanks -
Old 08-10-2016, 04:24 PM

yes, you can print the labels on plain paper, then tape them on with clear shipping tape. I cover the entire label so it cannot be ripped by mistake. I think priority envelopes and boxes are set prices, but I save quite a bit on mailing packages ground shipping. You need to measure the box and weigh it, pay for the postage online once it is calculated, and make sure it is well sealed. But the time saved at the post office is another wonder, as well as the money saved.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by rbwiese View Post
If anyone has used the USPS Click'n'ship, I would like to ask a few questions.

Do I have to use specific labels, or can it be printed on plain paper and taped with shipping tape? This will go on Priority Mail padded envelopes.

I have heard that postage is a little less if this method is used. I can't find that info on the USPS site.

Thanks -
I use PayPal's version, which is tied in with the USPS, and yes, you can print on plain paper then tape it onto the package. Just don't tape over the Delivery Confirmation bar code or the "dot" postage code. Supposedly the tape makes it hard for the scanners to read them.

I'm not 100% sure about the Click-n-Ship discount, but you do get a discount through PayPal. For example, the package of I Spy squares I'll be mailing you for the swap was $6.10 though PayPal rather than $6.80. I'm willing to bet that Click-n-Ship gives a similar discount.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:27 PM

Another option I use, especially since we send to kids overseas, is the plastic envelopes that stick to the box. They can be ordered from usps on the website and dropped off in your mailbox. And Yes, it save a couple of $$.
Good luck,
Susan
Old 08-11-2016, 02:40 AM

There is no longer any discount on the Click n Ship website (USPS). If you have a Paypal account and ship from there, you will save money. USPS website just saves you time, now. There used to be a discount but the latest USPS changes eliminated that.

I print on plain paper and use three strips of clear tape, lengthwise, to cover the whole label. Never had a problem.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:14 AM

If you want to use PayPal, I can PM you a direct link that'll take you straight to their shipping label page. Not sure if it's okay to post it here or not. It can be hard to find on their website.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:45 AM
Power Poster

I use PayPal which is very similar giving one level down saving on shipping. They print the label and a receipt of your shipping. I always use a glue stick on the back of the label and make sure that the label will not come off, use shipping/packing tape, NOT scotch tape.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:35 AM

Thanks for all of the help!
Old 08-12-2016, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by TwinRiverFarm View Post
yes, you can print the labels on plain paper, then tape them on with clear shipping tape. I cover the entire label so it cannot be ripped by mistake. I think priority envelopes and boxes are set prices, but I save quite a bit on mailing packages ground shipping. You need to measure the box and weigh it, pay for the postage online once it is calculated, and make sure it is well sealed. But the time saved at the post office is another wonder, as well as the money saved.
The only Priority boxes and envelopes with a set rate are the ones labeled "Flat Rate Box" or "Flat Rate Envelope" and you can still print that postage with Click N Ship
Old 08-12-2016, 07:48 PM

There is a discount if you use click n ship on flat rate priority boxes. I send grandchild goodie boxes a lot!