Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Closing in on a Hundred Thousand >

Closing in on a Hundred Thousand

Closing in on a Hundred Thousand

Old 12-23-2014, 07:10 AM

I'm with Geri B, this is my go to place every morning. I have been a "lurker", but now retired can occasionally post.
I refer all new quilters and quilter wan-a-bes to this site.
The people here are most friendly and helpful. Flames are dealt with swiftly and kindly.
Thank you everyone.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:18 AM

I agree...I love this quilt board and have visited others but I find this is my favorite one. I do miss some of the old familiar names that I don't see anymore. I was sorry when some people left with the format changed. New systems are always scary at the beginning but it didn't take long to find the way through it. Just another "learning" experience. Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-23-2014, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954 View Post
I used to be a member of a doggie group that insisted that you participate at least once a month.
I was once in a similar doggie group. We ended up having quite a few members who joined but then hardly ever posted and some who never even visited, after the initial joining. It was a relatively small group and because of the way it was set up, could not exceed a certain number of members (it was not a free site but the hostess was footing the entire bill). After a while, it was agreed that the inactive members be dropped, to make room for others to join. After notices, warnings, then personal messages were all ignored, the group (after several months) started dropping the inactive members. THAT's when those lurkers started responding . . . with outrage. Because of the resultant accusations, that group eventually fell apart.

Your group was wise to have set up the participation rules, from the very beginning.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
where does it say how many people are in here????
I know I have over 16,000 posts.
When you first come on, before you go into a specific section, it is way down at the bottom.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:25 PM

That an amazing number! I was a little taken aback when I realized I'm closing in on a thousand posts! Yikes, maybe I spend too much time here. Lol. Only 2 to go. Bet I hit it today. Haha!
Old 12-23-2014, 01:58 PM

I know I spend too much time here, but it's informational and entertaining. What more could a person want?
Old 12-23-2014, 02:57 PM

Don't reply very often but do read everyday. Love this site. So helpful. Thanks to all of you talented people.
Old 12-23-2014, 03:44 PM

The more members it looks like we have the more advertising revenue this site gets IMO!
I would like to see all the 0 posters dropped to get a more accurate count of active members.
Old 12-23-2014, 03:55 PM

Here Here , Me Too! I read every day but do not post all the time. I love this board. The information shared is always great. I am always passing on what was said or better still, when something funny happens. I laugh laugh laugh.
Old 12-23-2014, 04:21 PM

I don't post much any more...only when I really want to express something I haven't seen already posted 50 times in a thread .

If I look at a picture or story, I won't say "cute" (because it's too short ) and it's already been said so many times. When I post a picture or story, I look at the number of times viewed rather than comments ... I think a lot of folks look but don't post for the same reason...there's only so many ways to say "cute" in 10 or more letters.

Also, if there's a bunch of views but few posts, I like to think the other views agreed with what was already said. I know this doesn't bump my "posts count" but since I'm not selling anything and I've been around the block a few times, I'm not worried about numbers or labels. So, don't count all the "non-posters" or "low count posters" out quite yet please.

Last edited by moonwork42029; 12-23-2014 at 04:24 PM. Reason: dorky proof reading