Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Dinner Napkins

I have a friend that makes cloth dinner napkins that are rightside out on both sides...if that makes sense. She wont give out her patterns or recipes for that matter. Does anyone have napkin patterns they could share?

Sorry I don't have a pattern for you. I would say your friend isn't very nice if she won't share her pattern with you. I think I might find a new friend. :wink:

Blog Entries
    Are her napkins two layers or just one layer? I have some solid-colored Kona cotton that looks exactly the same on each side; I think that would work well for the fabric.

Linen is traditional for napkins, I think.

I don't know if this is what you mean. Mine are:

2 - 18" squares - or as large as you want your napkins, (can be the same fabric or two different ones)

Sew right sides together (1/4" seam) leaving enough of an opening to turn right side out. Top stitch, including closing up the opening for turning. Viola!

I won't comment on someone not sharing......

What a stingy "friend!" LOL! Here's a tutorial I found for you: http://wendolonia.com/blog/2008/08/0...kins-tutorial/ It's the same concept as patty48's idea, but with pictures. I like pictures!

I used to make a lot of napkins. I always mitered the corners....I found a web-site that shows how I make them....easier than me trying to explain...lol

http://www.skiptomylou.org/2009/04/2...cloth-napkins/

hope this helps

I too will not comment on a "friend" who won't share a pattern!

Blog Entries
    I sent you a pm

Thanks for the great ideas. I'd like to make some dinner napkins for the holidays. I think they'll also make a good gift. My "friend" is somewhat stingy...I don't get it really. I love to share things. Now there are a few recipes that I keep to myself...old family type things but when it comes to sewing I love to share. Plus I learn a lot from other people. :) :) :)

PS: now seeing the patterns I feel stupid...it's as easy as I thought it would be. I don't do well without a pattern or directions. Give me a pattern or a recipe than I can do just about anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby1957
    I used to make a lot of napkins. I always mitered the corners....I found a web-site that shows how I make them....easier than me trying to explain...lol

http://www.skiptomylou.org/2009/04/2...cloth-napkins/

hope this helps

I too will not comment on a "friend" who won't share a pattern!
    Thanks...I really like the look of mitered corners.

Thanks for the link. My DS has made many a napkin and also will not share how she gets the corners done so nicely. Now I know and ...I think I will make her some napkins! :D :lol: :lol:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast