Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Coming to Panama

My husband and I will be traveling to Panama City, Panama on June 28 and staying until July 6. He will be working during the day and I will be free. His company is doing a job down there and we will most likely have a driver taking us where we want to go. Are there any quilting shops or fabric shops like Jo-Anns in Panama City? When we travel I like to buy fabric to make us a quilt. I would appreciate if someone could give me the names and addresses of any quilting shops there.

Have no info about Panama but just wanted to suggest that you might be able to find fabrics at open markets instead of shops. Have a great time, May in Jersey

Sounds like an exciting time. Will do a little searching as I'm very interested in traveling to that area.
    This sounds like you might find something, scroll down to the native handcrafts area.
    http://www.panamainfo.com/en/destinations/panama-city

Panama City does have a Joann's and Quilting by the Bay.There are several in the yellow pages. Enjoy your stay there and bring lots of sunscreen .

Quote Originally Posted by ladybird532
    Panama City does have a Joann's and Quilting by the Bay.There are several in the yellow pages. Enjoy your stay there and bring lots of sunscreen .
    I think she means Panama City, Panama NOT the one in Florida. I'm learning more about geography on this site too!

Opps.sorry I did not see the Panama City, Panama .My bad.
    :oops:

Blog Entries
    WE lived in Panama when I was a kid. I loved it there. We lived on the Atlantic side. It was a lovely place to grow up.There are shops run by all different nationalities of people.Panamanians ,Indian,chinese .It is a very cool place to visit. The San Blas Indians live on the islands and work all over . They do beautiful fabric work. you will have a blast.