Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: COSTUME

Hi
    I am knew at the sewing thing all together.I need to no how to make smocks for my uniform.Also my grandson Brett ,needs a costume..Any home made ideas would help..Thank you..He is 2

I used a pattern to make a costume for my grandson when he was 2. It wasn't as difficult as I had thought. No zippers - used velcro!
    But, there are some really cute homemade, no sew ideas on the web. Here is one http://www.rd.com/home-garden/20-hom...cle102201.html

I really like the skunk!

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In central IL, it always ends up being cold on Halloween. I often would buy a cheap sweat suit as the base of a costume. For a two year old you can buy a sweat suit and some felt. Cut the felt into circles and tack to the sweat suit. Roll poster board into a cone, add more felt circles and you have a hat. A bit of face paint and you have a clown. The best part is when you get home, take the felt circles off of the sweat suit and it is still fine to wear all winter.

Check basic commercial patterns like Simplicity, McCalls, etc. for your smock pattern. JoAnn's alternates having one brand on sale for at least a week a month, so never pay the ridiculous full price!
    For your precious son's costume, I agree on sweats as base. Felt dog ears and a blackened nose, with a few felt spots and a tail; Cat ears, whiskers, and tail; a big "S" and a red cape...