Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Could Someone Please Explain To Me...

Blog Entries
    when I download something that is free...from where ever...how do I find it on my computer some day ?
    I know there is stuff there I just don't know how to access it.

You can right click, push save as, then look to the left and I usually have it on my desk top, making a folder to save "patterns" in
    push save or ok

hope its clear as mud!

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    Usually if it is a PDF file they go to your photo file, and if not try searching for your item. I made a pattern file in my documents just for that. I use to lose mine all the time! Now I just save all my quilting patterns to that file and know exactly where they are.

if you know what the file is named, you can use the "Find" function.

Quote Originally Posted by suezquilts
    You can right click, push save as, then look to the left and I usually have it on my desk top, making a folder to save "patterns" in
    push save or ok
    I have this same problem. If something is not on my desktop, I can never find it again.

I save my "freebies" to my documents. Once you go to the document secton make a new folder and name it what ever it is for example " how to miter corners". Then drag your downloaded file into that folder. This will be your sub folder. Make another folder and title it, for example, "my quilting how tos". Continue to do make folders with all your downloads regarding information to doing something related to quilting. Keep adding your new floders to the main fold of "my quilting how tos" then when you are searching for an article about what ever, open the folder and there will be all your sub folders with each of your downloaded articles. You can add the downloads to the main folder without putting them into a seperate folder but sometimes it is harder to find what you want with so many items in the folder. (unless you title your individual articles well )

I always can find them in documents. That is where they normally are sent when you download them as a pdf file. Some computers have a my downloads section where you can go find them.
    When you download, you can tell it where to go by chosing from the dropdown menu if you click on it before you download the file.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
    I always can find them in documents. That is where they normally are sent when you download them as a pdf file. Some computers have a my downloads section where you can go find them.
    When you download, you can tell it where to go by chosing from the dropdown menu if you click on it before you download the file.
    where are documents ??
    sorry

I ask my DSIL, he can always find it for me.....

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    You need to save them to a file. Otherwise if its not set up to go to soecific file it will save in a temp file.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast