Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Couponing??

So is anyone out there in quilt land couponing? I started a few months ago. So far, I spend about 2 hours clipping and sorting and filing. Then I spend 4 or 5 hours shopping. So, just exactly when does the savings and all that good stuff come in?

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Yea it's a lot of work to save pennies...

I did it ten years ago and my best was over $200 of groceries for less than $30... That was my best ..

Blog Entries
    Wow, great savings

Quote Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
    Yea it's a lot of work to save pennies...

I did it ten years ago and my best was over $200 of groceries for less than $30... That was my best ..

I use coupons for items, and brands I already use. A lot of the coupons I am seeing latley are for either items I don't use or a brand that even using the coupon is still more expensive than the brand I regularly use. I also take into the time and cost to travel to the correct store to use the coupon.

Not much here for coupons and no store does the double coupons.
    There is only so much toilet paper , toothpaste, and soaps one can use.
    If there are coupons out there for meat and fresh produce I must not be "in the loop".
    I gave up on the mass coupon thing , and only cut the occasional coupon when its something I need in the next 30 days.
    The expiration dates have gotten much shorter some/most expiring in 45 days or even 30 .

I do go to Common Sense with Money and they have printable coupons...also KrazyLadyCoupons. I manage to get some smoked sausage, some Pillsbury and other baking items. If I were in the razor business, I would be all set. I guess I could give razors and toothpaste for Christmas.

I used to be somewhat of a coupon queen years ago when my kids were little. Since moving to FL 10 years ago, NO. Not worth it...nowhere doubles coupons and forget tripleing them. And the dates expire too soon. I do clip a few on things I really do buy and use the BJ's store couples.

Good stocking stuffers LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by rexie
    I do go to Common Sense with Money and they have printable coupons...also KrazyLadyCoupons. I manage to get some smoked sausage, some Pillsbury and other baking items. If I were in the razor business, I would be all set. I guess I could give razors and toothpaste for Christmas.

Blog Entries
    I rarely see any coupons for the food I buy. I use them for non food items sometimes.

It takes a lot of work.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast