coupons to help our troops

Old 07-26-2010, 12:24 PM

A lady I know collects manufacturers cents off coupons to send to our overseas troops to help stretch their budgets. She sends to Guam (think Teri) and Puerto Rico (think mrsdralshhadeh). So next time you get the Sunday circulars or a magazine, why don't you clip the coupons and when you get a bunch, send to her. Interested? PM me and I'll give you her address. It's a little something we can all do to help. (they are good for 6 months after expiration - so you don't have to worry about getting them out right away) (no local stores, obviously) Thanks.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:24 AM

Also military commissaries overseas accept manufacturer's cents-off coupons for up to six months past their printed expiration dates so if you have some that you intended to use and forgot about. Send those too!
Old 07-27-2010, 11:41 AM

Please send me her address -I can't stand to waste anything - iI will even lay coupons in the store hopeing others will pick them up - I know I once saw a lady get a $1.00 off cereal one I laid down and she told her 2 kids hey lets get a new cereal today. Made me feel good.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:23 PM

Some are only taking up to 3 months expired, but that doesn't mean to NOT send them.
DO NOT send the coupons for what is made locally in your area. You would not believe how many coupons are sent for XYZ Toilet Paper and come to find out, it's just a local item.

All coupons are graciously accepted by those that use them. I used to be the Point Person for collecting coupons for the command in Hawaii. Had TONS of ladies send envelopes full of coupons and we would have a potluck once a month with a free for all with the coupons.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by mamapeggy11
Please send me her address -I can't stand to waste anything - iI will even lay coupons in the store hopeing others will pick them up - I know I once saw a lady get a $1.00 off cereal one I laid down and she told her 2 kids hey lets get a new cereal today. Made me feel good.
I'm with you - hate to waste anything and I also put my unwanted coupons in the store. What a nice treat for that lady and her kids. Sure it made you feel good. I'll PM her address. Thanks very much for your kindness.