Coupons at Joanns

Old 12-29-2011, 04:15 PM

Default Coupons at Joanns

Can you use the coupons for the cutting tables? Are they considered the sewing department? I read on the coupons that you can't use it for the sewing department.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:20 PM

Sounds like you should call the store and inquire about this. I would say yes you can use the coupon but you never know.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:28 PM

I had a table from Joanns and got RID of it, it was super shaky, I had an older one (about 5 years ago) that one was great but when I moved from AZ to FL I had to leave it behind
Old 12-29-2011, 04:31 PM

I bought mine with a coupon, and I bought my sewing machine table with a coupon, as long as it's not on sale, I can't see why not.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:49 PM

quilterj, you need to empty out your private message, in box and out box i assume, for me to reply to you...i tried and it would not go through because it says your inbox is full.
to answer your PM question: i use duct tape, leaves no marks on the wall..i get it at joanns with coupon.
to answer your question reguarding the coupon and cutting table..yes, you can use it on that. the cutting tables at not a part of the sewing center.. Kim
Old 12-31-2011, 05:26 AM

I did last year. I think they might mean the sewing machine department. I did ask a few weeks ago if the JoAnn's coupon could be used in the machine dept. The lady there said no, they could only be used for JoAnn's things. I couldn't even pay for stabilizer I bought at the register. I had to pay for it in the machine dept.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by luv2so View Post
I did last year. I think they might mean the sewing machine department. I did ask a few weeks ago if the JoAnn's coupon could be used in the machine dept. The lady there said no, they could only be used for JoAnn's things. I couldn't even pay for stabilizer I bought at the register. I had to pay for it in the machine dept.
Why did you buy stablizer in the sewing machine dept? Joanns carries so many stabilizers..
Old 12-31-2011, 06:31 AM

Most Joanns have a Viking store within the Joanns, all things in this little "store" you cannot use your coupon for, you must have bought your stabilizer from the little store, there is a large range of stabilizers that Joanns sells within the "bigger" store, those you can use your coupon for....unless its on sale already.
Also they have many home dec items that are listed as "perfect pricing" These don't qualify for coupon use.
Be sure to sign up online for Hobby Lobby coupons and clip the sunday coupons for Michaels Cupons...Joanns takes Michaels coupons on "non" fabric items (in other words, if Michaesl sells it they will take a coupon for it) I've had arguments with Joanns employess because Michaels does carry needles, scissors and batting.
JOanns will take Hobby Lobby coupons for anything.
I wish we lived in a world where there were no coupons, I dislke playing the coupon game. The mark up at Joanns is too high to purchase anything without a coupon.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:09 AM

Hmmm, did not know about JoAnn's honoring coupons from Michael's or Hobby Lobby....I will have to check that out here. I have noticed some changes at my local JoAnn's stores....I live in an area where if I go about 25 miles in three directions, I will find a JoAnn's.......The large super stores are really getting a lot of other crafty things in them along with greeting cards!!!!! Prices are changing (higher) since they were taken over by whomoever it was that bought them.......Sad thing is they are the only show in town for so many things.......no competition, sort of like when Walmart comes in an area.........
Old 12-31-2011, 10:37 AM

Yes you can use the coupon for cutting table if it is not on sale . the sewing department is the least space by viking