Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
CPAP Fleece hose covers and strap pattern >

CPAP Fleece hose covers and strap pattern

CPAP Fleece hose covers and strap pattern

Old 08-07-2014, 08:05 PM

OK.....I'm not even going to wear my tonight!! Too late to clean it.....know what I'll be doing tomorrow!!

Last edited by Anniedeb; 08-07-2014 at 08:06 PM. Reason: correct spelling
Old 08-08-2014, 01:10 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by Cecelia363 View Post
OMG! Liberty med people told me not to wash my heated hose! only wash the nose pillows and harness! replace them and the filter very 2 months. ....
I'm SO surprised you were told NOT to wash your hose...there are even special l-o-n-g brushes sold to do just this! My heavens, I clean mine with a brush every 2-3 days and can definitely tell the difference with the smell -- less 'moldy'/musty -- when it's been cleaned.

For the longest time I didn't realize I could remove the lid of the water chamber (it's really hard to do) to clean it and was just filling it with hot soapy water and rinsing.....until the night I couldn't stand not "really cleaning" it even one more night. I got that lid off and felt the inside of the chamber and realized it was SLIMY from not being properly cleaned, I nearly died of being grossed out!!! Now that thing gets properly scrubbed at least once a week as well. No matter how often these things are replaced!

I'd rather sleep without my CPAP (which could literally kill me - and nearly did in the hospital when they failed to apply it in recovery following hip replacement surgery in 2011 - because I have severe OSA) rather than risk the mold factor going up my nose and into my lungs ever again!!! I am obsessive about it now.

Jan in VA