Craftsy update

Old 10-05-2016, 05:05 AM

I do not like the new format of their webpage. It is very difficult to manage. I never had problems with the old one and now I can't find anything
Old 10-05-2016, 08:23 AM

I just bought another class (sheesh...) and had no trouble whatsoever. I found the new format quite easy to navigate. I guess we are all different!
Old 10-05-2016, 10:21 AM

Craftsy Update: I echo the same about the new website and the interface. It is not as user friendly, but I got used to the new site -- which is now the old site. I agree that something new is not necessarily always good.

I am sure their intentions were the best, and wanted to give the participants the best possible experience to navigate their site.

I have not tried viewing my classes.

I am certain ... once the bugs get ironed out the new site it will work fine. Not many like change, once we get comfortable in the the product/website. I am certain they will listen to the issues, and will try their best to accommodate.

All have a grand day.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:53 PM

I just went out and checked one class and that seems to be okay. Then I decided to post a new project and found out that is "still in the works". IMHO they should have ironed that out before publishing the site.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:25 PM
Power Poster

Haven't checked it out yet but thanking everyone for the heads up! They should have instructions on how to navigate the site.
Old 10-05-2016, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by ghquilter53 View Post
Thanks for the heads up warning. I will be sure to have a cup of coffee before I go to their site to see one of my classes.
I just checked one of my classes and it is working fine. Maybe they fixed it. I do use Windows 10.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:43 PM

Yes I had the same thing happen to me. Hope they get it fixed soon.

Old 10-06-2016, 08:58 AM

Update on Craftsy. I did get an email and they claim to have fixed the problem. I did check a couple classes and I can view them again and to the end. Craftsy suggested to clear out the history, etc and I did that. I don't mind the upgrade but wish they had perfected it before throwing it out on us. I do not like the "ads" between class lessons as the class has already been purchased and there is no reason to see those.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:44 AM

This morning I went to Craftsy on my Kindle to try to log in. I was surprised to find that I was already logged in (isn't that odd) and everything works just fine now. They must have worked the bugs out. I still prefer the old interface. I am a creature of habit and do not embrace change very well.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:11 AM

While not speaking directly to the Craftsy website many site upgrades today have way more advertising which generates income for the site owner. The other thing that I find is way more data mining / history tracking and advertising based on what you click on. I have a couple of classes that are paid for that I still have to take. Hopefully the site is smooth now.