Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: crochet Christmas stocking - help finding pattern

Blog Entries

crochet Christmas stocking - help finding pattern

A friend's family member made these stockings for the entire family, but she is now passed away. Now, there is a new baby, and they would love him to have a matching stocking, but they cannot find a pattern! Anyone know this pattern? I took a pic of the toe, heel and laced up front, as well as the entire stocking. Thanks for your help.

oval pic after entire stocking is of the heel, next is the toe
    Attached Images Attached Images        

That's really cute, didn't find it though. Here is a site with ALOT of free crochet patterns and some are similar. Many people who crochet are pretty good at figuring out a pattern for something like this, so hopefully you will get some more ideas. http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com..._stockings.php

I don't have the pattern, but I think if you google granny square crocheted Christmas stocking you should find something similar. Many of them will be in several colors. Only use the colors you choose. Stick to white in most areas if that is what you prefer. Just because they use red and green doesn't mean you have to.

Blog Entries
    If I had the stocking, I could figure out how to reproduce it. Seems pretty straightforward. Maybe find an experienced crocheter through a guild and have them make a stocking; I would also have them write out the pattern for the future!

Blog Entries
    Looks like she started with a basic granny square (the colored parts) and simply expanded the stocking by continuing the pattern. My mom taught me to crochet when I was 9, and this was the pattern she taught me. I am by no means an expert, but I'd say the granny square is one of the easiest things to make. A beginning crochet class at your local Joann's or yarn shop should give you a good start. If a 9 year old can do it, so can you!