Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: crochet granny square

crochet granny square

I've been crocheting quite a bit lately. It's so cold in my sewing room with out freezing temps here and I just couldn't keep it warm enough to work in. I've made hats and started an afghan. I'm just in love with these colors and can't wait to have it be done. Thanks for looking
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    enjoy your life...it's the only one you have!!!
    Heather

Blog Entries
    Beautiful colors - Also, like your afghan police.

Blog Entries
    i love granny squares... nicely done
    Nancy in western NY

Love your afghan. Granny squares are my favorites. I too love to crochet.

I do crochet also at night, just posted some pics of dishcloths. It is not freezing here but I have been really cold for some reason and when I run the heat I have enormous utility bills, even with having separate ductless units in each room. My sewing room is the living room and my living room is a smaller room since it almost never gets used. the sewing room is very hard to heat so I finally just moved one of my machines into the smaller room and closed it off and just run heaters in there. Also, now I know you're going to laugh but, I put a heating pad on the seat of my sewing chair on low and I sit on it and if my hands get too cold I use it to warm them up. Keeps me warm and costs less to use, works for me. My little fur baby likes to sit on my chair behind me now, wonder why?
    Jeanann

PROQUILTINATING : Working on quilting when you should be cleaning, doing laundry, or cooking.

That is awesome-the colors are beautiful.always nice to get approval from our pets
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

I like to crochet too, and your inspector is cute. Nice job!
    If it wasn't for stress.......I wouldn't have any energy at all !!
    Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by ontheriver View Post
    I do crochet also at night, just posted some pics of dishcloths. It is not freezing here but I have been really cold for some reason and when I run the heat I have enormous utility bills, even with having separate ductless units in each room. My sewing room is the living room and my living room is a smaller room since it almost never gets used. the sewing room is very hard to heat so I finally just moved one of my machines into the smaller room and closed it off and just run heaters in there. Also, now I know you're going to laugh but, I put a heating pad on the seat of my sewing chair on low and I sit on it and if my hands get too cold I use it to warm them up. Keeps me warm and costs less to use, works for me. My little fur baby likes to sit on my chair behind me now, wonder why?
    My 2012 Siverado has heated seats and I use them to help warm me until the heater blows out warm heat. I remote start it so it isn't real cold but in the winter I like to be warmer than in the summer. I may not be all right.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by ontheriver View Post
    I don't like wearing shoes in my house(they are so uncomfortable) so I'm always in socks. My sewing room was a garage and I converted it to a room. The floor is right on a concrete slab so it stays pretty chilly. I like bringing rice bags heated up in there to and set it on my lap.
    enjoy your life...it's the only one you have!!!
    Heather

Those are all good ideas. Another method is knitting booties larger than your foot, then placing them in the washing machine in a garment bag and felting them. They are cozy warm. Also knitting wool socks to use on those day/nights

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast