Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Crochet top - Christmas gift

I think I started that top for myself once and it became a UFO Congratulations on the finish--it's lovely. Thanks for sharing the photo.

Its beautiful and she is gorgeous! You are so talented. Wished I understood how to make clothing items via crocheting. I can crochet, but not like this. Fabulous!!

Quote Originally Posted by faithcreates View Post
    Sure do hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas today!

Ours was great! I made this top for my step daughter-in-law for Christmas & she loved it so much she had to put it on right away. Last year I had made the peace sign puppy quilt for her daughter for Christmas, the year before that it was an airplane quilt for her son for his birthday. Now I'm done making gifts for them. The step son got a quilt years ago, so everyone has something homemade by me.

Faith
    SUEB

The pattern came from a Leisure Arts booklet titled Pretty Tops in thread by Kathryn A. Clark. I found it one day at a thrift store (69cents) & had to get it once I saw the pattern I used. I knew it would be perfect for my DIL. My DH told me what color to use & helped to get the thread needed. This is my first attempt at making clothing with thread & I think I may do it again someday.

Faith

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    very nice. Something my grands would love .. where did you find the pattern ? Thank you very much !! Helps if I read the posts before posting !LOL Thanks will see if the Library has it.
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    That is a gorgeous top. Great job

Very pretty....

Power Poster
    That is very pretty, can see why she loved it.

Love the top, wish I could still crochet.

What a beautiful top. It fits her great. She is a lovely girl.

What a creative gift for a beautiful young woman. It is clear she is very happy with her gift from you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast