Cross-stitch for children

Old 01-18-2015, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by quilterlaurie View Post
I started my girls using Gingham. they had the little squares for guide lines. We used a simple tree form that I FRAMED AND USED FOR A Christmas decoration
What a great idea! My grandson wants to learn, and I'm having a devil of a time teaching him with a kit! I think he needs to get the mechanics down first, and then he'll be fine. This is a big help!
Old 01-18-2015, 10:54 AM

So glad you are teaching the little ones - I had to log in and share my couple stories: 1) I knew a gal from England once who learned to knit when she was four. She was able to knit crazy ski sweaters while conversing or reading a book when I knew her as a young 30 ish year old. She absolutely amazed me with her prowess!! 2) There was a cigar smoking painter who painted the house my dad built for our family in the early 50s. His hobby was embroidery, and he made gorgeous pieces. My sis was lucky enough to get a couple of his pillowcases when she got married - I was too young - I think he was gone by the time I tied the knot. He was a wonderful old fellow!! Follow your bliss!!