Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Cross Stitching question

I just started a lone wolf cross stitch (whew) and it said to do couching, what in the world is that? Any answers will sure be appreciated...thank you

Quote Originally Posted by SherrieDLux
    I just started a lone wolf cross stitch (whew) and it said to do couching, what in the world is that? Any answers will sure be appreciated...thank you
    Couching threads/fibers is when you arrange them into a shape or curve and then use another thread to hold them into place.

I believe it is where you lay the thread down where you want it, it is usually a thicker thread like yarn. Then you sew across it with evenly spaced stitches to hold it down. Hope this helps, I can do it, just not really explain it. Come on over and will show you how, LOL.

Go to the top of the newsletter and hit SEARCH. Type in couching. Information on couching as well as a video is available. This techinque does add depth to a piece of cross stitch. Good Luck. Lois

I just want to thank you all so much, I had no idea what couching was and nothing to explain it. You are all the best and I appreciate you very much,
    Sherrie