Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Current responses to "old posts" >

Current responses to "old posts"

Current responses to "old posts"

Old 09-19-2016, 05:01 AM

I look through the Archives all the time. And, sometimes I comment on something that I think others who may not have been quiltboard members at that time, may enjoy seeing. I also am hoping that the person who originally posted the picture or thread will see and know how much I appreciated their effort to share.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:15 AM

First of all, what is a curmudgeon? And second of all, I have found the older "revived" posts to be confusing. I don't always pay attention to the dates. I joined the Quilting Board in April 2015, and so from the perspective of someone who is newer, I really appreciate the older posts, because they are new to me.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:55 AM
mac

So, I am confused. Is it a bad thing to post to an old post? It would seem that even if it was old, but had some interesting information, others might enjoy it too.

I may be one of the people who posted to an old thread yesterday. I made a comment on the gentleman who did a tutorial regarding cathedral windows. I thought he did a remarkable job and even though it was an old post I thought that he deserved kudos for a job well done. If someone hadn't of mentioned his thread regarding his tutorial, I would have never started my new project making one.

Additionally, I am embarrassed to say, but I had over 2100 unread messages in my inbox and was cleaning my inbox out yesterday. A lot of them were from the Board and I was reading them and commenting on some of them like they were new. Sorry, if caused some confusion.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:02 AM

There's been so many old ones lately. It's confusing to me, although I get why it's happening.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:57 AM

Mac, I appreciate that you did that because I am very interested in making a Cathedral Window coverlet, and I learned valuable things from that tutorial.

Originally Posted by mac View Post
So, I am confused. Is it a bad thing to post to an old post? It would seem that even if it was old, but had some interesting information, others might enjoy it too.

I may be one of the people who posted to an old thread yesterday. I made a comment on the gentleman who did a tutorial regarding cathedral windows. I thought he did a remarkable job and even though it was an old post I thought that he deserved kudos for a job well done. If someone hadn't of mentioned his thread regarding his tutorial, I would have never started my new project making one.

Additionally, I am embarrassed to say, but I had over 2100 unread messages in my inbox and was cleaning my inbox out yesterday. A lot of them were from the Board and I was reading them and commenting on some of them like they were new. Sorry, if caused some confusion.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
This is Geri...the one who posted the original comment about old posts. (snip)
....hope that doesn't make me a curmudgeon....
I think the 'curmudgeon' comment was way more curmudgeonly than anything you posted!
Old 09-19-2016, 11:26 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SewingSew View Post
First of all, what is a curmudgeon?
A crochety old grouch.

Originally Posted by mac View Post
So, I am confused. Is it a bad thing to post to an old post?
No, it's not bad. Good can come of reviving an old thread.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:33 AM
Power Poster

The only time that (I think) making a comment on an old thread that sometimes can be awkward is when it starts out with "My ____ is very sick, please pray for _____"

And someone makes a comment (without reading the whole post) to the effect of "I will pray for ________"s recovery."
but four pages into the thread the original poster says "______ died."

Although - in my opinion - it is okay to send kind thoughts to/for whatever/whomever forever.

Last edited by bearisgray; 09-19-2016 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:40 PM

And, sometimes a reader has been away from their computer or the computer was at the computer doctor and are checking what they missed.
Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
Sometimes the topic just catches the readers' attention.