Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Dallas Quilt guild meeting

Is anyone going to the meeting tonight? I am giving this one more try & hopefully will be able to find someone I can talk to or have someone talk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by redkimba
    Is anyone going to the meeting tonight? I am giving this one more try & hopefully will be able to find someone I can talk to or have someone talk to me.
    I hope your meeting goes well, I imagine the guild will be spending some time discussing the upcoming Dallas Quilt Show. In order to meet and get acquainted with more people, maybe ask if they need volunteers for the show. All it takes is some time and you get to see all the wonderful quilts. I know my guild is always happy to get volunteers when we have our quilt show.

Blog Entries
    good luck to you. If I were there, i'd talk to you. I'm old and gray. we old and gray ladies like to talk!!

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan
    good luck to you. If I were there, i'd talk to you. I'm old and gray. we old and gray ladies like to talk!!
    Thank you.

So how did it go?

Much, much better this first time. More of an age range, the atmosphere was friendlier, several people actually talked to me - one put me in touch with the charity person (for my box o' scraps). Several people were working on projects - quilting and knitting.

I'm going to totally reserve judgment until after a couple of meetings, but so far it's MUCH better.

That's good to hear. I cannot make any of the Thursday night meetings due to my daughters cheer practice.