Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Darned drug allergies!!

I found out quite a few years ago that I am allergic to penicillin. Ok, no big deal, there are plenty of other antibiotics that I can take, right? Well, now I get to add another allergy to my list.... cephalosporin (another antibiotic) .... yep yep...good times, good times....
    Ok, thanks for letting me vent! It's just frustrating!

I'm allergic to all the Quinalone antibiotics. I don't even remember all the names now. Thankfully, I don't have not had to take any antibiotics in a few years. Hopefully, drugist will catch & prevent future problems.

I am allergic to penicillan, erythramiacin, tetnus shots, the chicken pox vaccine....and that is really just the beginning. I just try not to take any kind of drug if I don't really have to.

I am allergic to penicillan and all drugs in that class, vistril, zethromicin and all drugs in that class, and all artificial sweetners

My husband has the penicillin allergy. And I have to fight with the medical profession all the time. They always want to try a third generation of it. One time he nearly stopped breathing and I actually said "I told you so".

Banned
    dreaming of a simple life. Living off the grid!
    DON"T EVER TAKE KEFLEX, the entire family is allergic to pennicillin so the doc gave my son Keflex, they said they worst that could happen to him was MAYBE a rash. When he went into shock laid in the fetal position and his gums swelled that you couln't see the teeth in his mouth they knew never to give him anything in that family. This happened when he was 3 he is now 27 and NEVER has been on a antibiotic again.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So sorry to hear about your allergies. My DH has a lot of them he has to deal with every day.

I'm allergic to helium! Try having a wonderful party, grand opening, baby shower etc and NOT being able to have balloons!

I'm also allergic to artificial sweeteners as well as the antibiotics.

Quote Originally Posted by Leota
    I am allergic to penicillan and all drugs in that class, vistril, zethromicin and all drugs in that class, and all artificial sweetners

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear about your drug allergies. My DH can only take septra and that don't work half the time. I have a long list of allergies for the kids too.

I am alergic to Penicillin and cephalosporins both. My doctor said the reason is that penicillin is a natural drug and cephalosporins are a synthetic version of penicillin. When you are alergic to penicillin, there is a 25% cross over rate for people to be alergic to both of them. I am also alergic to sulfa and tetracycline........there goes the cheap antibiotics. I wear a bracelet at all times. Penicillin is life threatening for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast