Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Davy Jones (The Monkees) died

Blog Entries
    They were a very good group especially if you consider that the shows producers put them together as a band. They never knew each other before the show. And then they sold millions of records, their tunes still alive today.
    I sat and watched and sang with them. I am very saddened by his passing at an early age.
    To make lots of quilts, is to have lots of scraps, and I do, and I do.
    BarbaraSue

I was sad to hear it as well. I enjoy their songs. The Monkees were one of the original boy bands.

SOOOO sad! AND young. When I was a kid I remember reading about his father's passing.... he was relatively young too.

yes there music was great i still have thier 1st 3 albums lol . my dad surprised me with them when i came home from europe when i was 12. those were great days for music. RIP davy

Quote Originally Posted by yngldy View Post
    He had a heart attack. 66 yrs old. I remember watching them, silly as they were, back then it wasn't as silly.
    Back then -- the Monkees were a favorite TV show! And boy, did we LOVE - Davy!!

I had a major crush on Davy too. I had the posters and lots of The Monkee's 45s. I was 10 in 1967 I watched the TV show too.

Blog Entries
    Big fan!!!! Hey Hey were the Monkies!!!!!!!! So very sad!
    You know if your a quilter when you cleanup your sewing room and your family thinks your moving out!! Author U/K Sue

Blog Entries
    Very sad

I have often wandered what happened to them. I was doing some of my family history stuff about 6 months ago and came across some old photos that my sister-in-law took of them when they got off the plane for their first concert in Richmond, VA. She wanted to just toss them out but I held on to them because I loved them all so much as I was growing up so I just tucked them away so I could continue to have my treasured memories. Hugs to his family, with a tearful eye, we will always remember how they added so much fun to our lives.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3