Yesterday I got to spend the day with 2 of my grandchildren, Aubrey (age 12) and Justin (age 9). They are into all kinds of sports including baseball and basketball. Their mom dropped them off at my house around 8 a.m. yesterday and this was our day:
1. They kind of laid around watching Grandma sew and playing on her computer.
2. At 9:45 a.m., we left my house and went to McDonald's for a late breakfast/early lunch. After eating, both kids amused themselves by playing in this huge tunnel thing that goes to the ceiling and back around. I'm sure everyone has seen those things. Grandma watched.
3. At 10:40 a.m., we left McDonald's and went to Pitching Lessons. This is for Aubrey who loves to pitch softball. The lessons are in this huge old warehouse without A/C -- only fans to move the heated air around. Grandma watched.
4. At 12:00 p.m., we left pitching lessons and drove about 20 miles to a ball field so that Aubrey could practice with her softball team. Did I mention that the high was 92 degrees yesterday?? Grandma watched.
5. at 1:50 p.m., we left the ball field and went to the high school so Justin could attend basketball camp. There were 20 little boys (ages 9-11) running around with basketballs. Thank goodness the high school had their A/C on! But the bleachers were not pulled down so Grandma had to sit on the concrete floor. Grandma watched.
6. At 3:30 p.m., they are back home. They grab something to eat and back outside to play. Grandma watched.
7. At 4:30 p.m., both parents are home and Grandma gets back into her van to drive the 15 miles home.
8. At 7:30 p.m., Grandma decides it's bedtime....
Here are some pictures that I took yesterday and I apologize because they are not very good. Oh, and did I mention it was 92 degrees outside yesterday????
Aubrey on the baseball field with all her equipment.
Justin on the basketball court. He was in continuous motion and this was the best picture I could get!
Now is that a cheesey smile or what?