Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Decorating the Christmas tree >

Decorating the Christmas tree

Decorating the Christmas tree

Old 11-30-2010, 02:34 PM

I skimp on the back - simple ugly ornaments go there.

This year I don't even care to put up a tree... and I usually have it up the day after Thanksgiving.

Bahhh humbug! :(
Old 11-30-2010, 04:33 PM

I'm late on putting my tree up. It's usually up right now and I'm waiting until the weekend. I put mine up in my livingroom and it's right infront of one of the big windows so I decorate the back, but I put all the ugly ornaments on the back. The people driving by can't see how ugly they are....lol. I wouldn't decorate the back if it's not exposed.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:48 PM

Yep,tree is up and decorated all the way around...Amandasgramma oh that is so pretty "The snow covered tree"..Raining something aweful here and will turn to snow by Thurday. GD and DIL helped put the tree up Saturday i love to go out for a drive and look at all the pretty Christmas decorating around where i live(:)
Old 11-30-2010, 04:50 PM
Power Poster

Hehehehe checking.......the kids decorated last night. No lights, no tinsel but yes there are some ornaments. Funny never thought about it. Ours faces our back porch and nobody but us will be out there.

Oooohhhh just noticed on the picture my top woven star is not up yet. LOL

Looks like the kids did it but that is ok with me.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]136351[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-136346.jpe  
Old 11-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Power Poster

Anna...I think your tree is just perfect!

I had to laugh at the snow tree outside...I'm just thankful we don't get that much snow.

I decorate the tree all the way around. I want it balanced out for the cats.:lol: I have it out from the wall while I work..then I shove it into a corner. Its not up yet, but DH wants all the decos to come out soon. I love them when they are up, but dread the process. It takes me a week to decorate the house!
Old 11-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
We decorate our tree so people can see it outside:

Gorgeous, amanda's grandma!
Old 11-30-2010, 05:42 PM

I'm not sure what I will do this year. This will be my furbabies' first Christmas, and I just know they will want to touch EVERYTHING on the tree!!! :roll: I'm considering putting one on top of the television cabinet so it is out of their reach.

How do those of you with kitty furbabies deal with putting up a tree? Do you skip it altogether? I absolutely LOVE this time of year, and I want to have a tree -- even if it is just a small one. I just don't want to find my tree laying on the floor and the ornaments chewed to bits! :| :lol:
Old 11-30-2010, 05:54 PM

I used fishing line to tie it to the wall (after my kitties knocked the treee down 3 times the first year) and only NON BREAKABLE ornaments until kitty got trained ( she would go up in the inside middle of the tree and all you would see was her paw coming out to bat an ornament lol it was too cute
Originally Posted by pab58
I'm not sure what I will do this year. This will be my furbabies' first Christmas, and I just know they will want to touch EVERYTHING on the tree!!! :roll: I'm considering putting one on top of the television cabinet so it is out of their reach.

How do those of you with kitty furbabies deal with putting up a tree? Do you skip it altogether? I absolutely LOVE this time of year, and I want to have a tree -- even if it is just a small one. I just don't want to find my tree laying on the floor and the ornaments chewed to bits! :| :lol:
Old 11-30-2010, 06:00 PM

Never before have I decorated before December, but tonight I am listening to holiday music in the living room where a slender tree is filled with handmade ornaments, family photos and saved memories (like the origami rooster made in 1968 -- when money was scare ). The dining room has glass Santas, poinsettias and snowflakes. The kitchen tree has flamingos. Tiny l tree for granddaughter's room has mini ornaments. (Living room tree also has half a dozen pug ornaments and a dozen or so dragonflies.) Yes, I decorated the backs. My friend says it looks like the bird of Christmas flew over, had an accident and out popped a hodge-podge or ornaments. Around the rooms are scores of Santas, angels, several creche sets and who knows what else. What tickles my fancy is a neon flamingo in front of kitchen tree (husband's idea.). Tippi the pug is ignoring it all. Excessive but fun.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bluteddi
BAH HUMBUG!...... We have SNOW.... thats mY decorations!
Oh your grinch stocking is so funny!

We cannot ignore the back of our tree. It sits in the livingroom picture window facing the street and people can see it walking up or driving by.

There are three other close homes doing the same copy cat thing now after we have done it eight years. LOL! I actually love that. I have something to look at now too.
ps I just found a pic of my tree last year. It looks like this the whole eight feet... Scroll down past the reindeer... LOL!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-31685-1.htm