Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Diamond Jubilee celebrations.

Diamond Jubilee celebrations.

We are so enjoying all the celebrations here in the U.K. A wonderfull pageant on the river Thames on Sunday, a huge pop concert in front of Buckingham Palace last night, a service in ST Paul's now and a carriage procession later. Everywhere is bunting, street parties and beacons. Our queen is adored by all.

Blog Entries
    i'm enjoying seeing your celebrations, too. it's so nice to see positive stories on the news. the queen has amazing stamina for a woman of her age
    Nancy in western NY

So sorry that Prince Phillip was taken ill and is missing most of this. I love seeing the crowds and how they are decked out! Continue to enjoy!
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

I love seeing some of the celebrations - and the Queen sure does have some stamina - I heard that she has 400 scheduled engagements per year and there is only 365 days in a year - woo....I am tired just thinking about it.

Power Poster
    Do you think the Queen has time to quilt!!!

There were a couple close-ups I saw this morning, after her husband had gone to the hospital, I wondered if it was really the Queen? She probably has a stand-in for security sake but with all that is going on and her husband in the hospital, she looked durn good!

I do hope Prince Phillip is better soon. I am checking the news periodically but all the celebration over there really makes me miss my mom (who hailed from Manchester and passed in 2010.) She would have been front and center for any and all coverage - she was a huge supporter of the House of Windsor!
    Sheila N.

When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, he tried over 2000 experiments before he got it to work. A young reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times. He said, "I never failed once. I invented the light bulb. It just happened to be a 2000 step process."

Quote Originally Posted by 0tis View Post
    I love seeing some of the celebrations - and the Queen sure does have some stamina - I heard that she has 400 scheduled engagements per year and there is only 365 days in a year - woo....I am tired just thinking about it.
    And to think that she's been going at this pace (at least) for 60 years! I have such admiration for her. And I'm so sad her DH is feeling poorly.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

It is so nice to see the UK in all its glory. They are such a proud and enduring nation. They deserve this party.

Our daughter went to college in Scotland - Stirling University and our son teaches in England - Imperial College London so we visit often. AND LOVE ALL THINGS BRITISH . Wonderful to see the celebration here across the pond.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast