Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Did anybody go to the Hwy 127 yard sale last week/weekend?

this was our 2nd year. Last year we went from Gadsden, Al to Chattanooga, Tn -- had a blast. This year wanted to see new territory so we drove up to the Ky-Tenn border and drove south oh Hwy 127. Enjoyed it again, but it was VERY hot and we had thunder showers Thurs PM and Fri PM.

We picked up some bargains for the house/yard and I found around 70 yds of fabric for less than $45. Largest one purchase was $18.50 for around 25 yards of fabric. Most was not quilt store quality. But this give me lots to play with and try new things. Not so painful if it doesn't come out perfectly.

Blog Entries
    awesome, never been to it, glad you had fun!

I noticed your location is Bainbridge GA. My daughter lives in Bainbridge. We spent 4th of July in the campground down by the river. Great little town!! Couldn't find any fabric stores except for Wal-Mart.

There are 2 fabric stores "downtown". Not very much new and all scattered into other types of fabric. Prices pretty good though when you can find the treasures.
    PM me is you are down this down this way again. Maybe we could have coffee or lunch or something.

DH and I went this year it was our 4th year to go we always have a blast.We only covered KY and Ten. this year. Visited a couple of quilt shops along the way. I learned on this board that there are quilt blocks painted on some barns, had a blast finding some and taking pics of them.

Sounds like fun.