Did ya ever...

Old 10-04-2010, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by amazon
Chocolate gravy=memories of Mawmaw.. she would start making the gravy before she fixed breakfast..letting it simmer while she made shaped by hand homemade bicuits, fried up bacon so crispy,the prettiest golden srambled eggs. You could smell the gravy as soon as your head came out from under the five quilts she had piled on you during the night. You ate your breakfast as quick as possible and couldn't wait to open that biscuit in bowl, slather( yes slather with butter)spoon chocolate gravy on, secure large glass of milk... and dig in ...eyes rolling back in head...aaahhh HEAVEN. That's what I think of when someone mentions chocolate gravy.
Quick, pretend you are your Mawmaw and cook us up that big breakfast with chocolate gravy and bisquits, we'll be over in a few minutes. May in Jersey
Old 10-04-2010, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by May in Jersey
Chocolate gravy=memories of Mawmaw.. she would start making the gravy before she fixed breakfast..letting it simmer while she made shaped by hand homemade bicuits, fried up bacon so crispy,the prettiest golden srambled eggs. You could smell the gravy as soon as your head came out from under the five quilts she had piled on you during the night. You ate your breakfast as quick as possible and couldn't wait to open that biscuit in bowl, slather( yes slather with butter)spoon chocolate gravy on, secure large glass of milk... and dig in ...eyes rolling back in head...aaahhh HEAVEN. That's what I think of when someone mentions chocolate gravy.
Quick, pretend you are your Mawmaw and cook us up that big breakfast with chocolate gravy and bisquits, we all will be over in a few minutes. May in Jersey
Old 10-04-2010, 06:13 AM

Quick, pretend you are your Mawmaw and cook us up that big breakfast with chocolate gravy and bisquits, we all will be over as soon as we peel back the 5 quilts we have been sleeping under. May in Jersey
Old 10-04-2010, 02:35 PM

I believed chocolate gravy on biscuits to be a product of the depression, as that's what my mother told me. It was always one of my favorite meals. My mother made it with just enough sugar to make it semi-sweet but not like pudding.
Another favorite depression food was milk rolls, like a cinnamon roll, without the cinnamon. Just butter and sugar spread on the biscuit dough. Lots of flour when rolling and cutting and putting in the pan. Sprinkle a cup of sugar over the top, pour milk with vanilla in it over to the top of the dough and bake till brown and the milk pudding is thick and bubbly.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:47 PM

Chocolate Gravy!!!! YUMMM! I think I will make that in the morning! Thank you so much!