Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Did you guys know this???

from Illinois but living in Ft. Myers,Florida
    I just found out today that there is a web site for stuff that is donated to goodwill---but i guess they think they can get more for it on line--sort of bid or buy.Its called "shopgoodwill.com" I checked it out and it has sewing machines,patterns,thread,material,and anything else for sewing--plus other stuff.There was a vintage machine but it was in Spokane and i live it Florida!Guess its not my lucky day.

There have been a few on here who have talked of that site befor and had luck. Just keep searching. When it is ment to be, it will happen. Have faith!

Blog Entries
    I browse the site quite frequently. The one for our town often has big lots of fabric. I won a couple of the auctions and was greatly disappointed! The fabric was crap, often dirty, smelly and not suitable for quilting at all. I've noticed just in the last couple of months that the lots are better organized and cottons are with cottons, home dec with home dec, etc. Sometimes there has been full bolts of fabric, LQS quality. I'm not a scrappy type person so I generally pass over the fabric lots. I have gotten several quilting books and patterns though

There is a singer featherweight up for auction right now at $176.00. I believe it ends tomorrow . . .

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    Never heard of it!

Thank you. I didn't know about this

www.goodwillbooks.com another great site.

I buy and search there all the time. Tons of Quilting books etc.

np3
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the info!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewingsusie
    I just found out today that there is a web site for stuff that is donated to goodwill---but i guess they think they can get more for it on line--sort of bid or buy.Its called "shopgoodwill.com" I checked it out and it has sewing machines,patterns,thread,material,and anything else for sewing--plus other stuff.There was a vintage machine but it was in Spokane and i live it Florida!Guess its not my lucky day.
    Yep! I have purchased several items from that site & been very happy with it all. Watch the shipping charges, though. Don't just take what's shown...contact them first to see if what you want can be shipped cheaper.