Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Did you lose weight in 2012? >

Did you lose weight in 2012?

Did you lose weight in 2012?

Old 01-04-2013, 10:32 AM

Congratulations on your weight loss!! I know how much work it takes as I have been on Weight Watchers since March 1st, 2012. I have lost 44 lbs. and have only 4 lbs. to go before I reach my goal. Sure the holidays set me back just a little bit, but I mostly stayed on track and only gained back one pound.
Back in January 2012, I decided that it was going to be a year of change for me. I was turning 60 in June and did not want to be a 'fat old lady'.....so I took the steps to create my support group of family and friends. I let them know what I was planning and that I'd appreciate them not telling me "you've lost enough", "have a cookie", or "would you like a drink"....I needed them all to understand that all those things would be my choices and please understand this was a most difficult mission for me as I didn't feel I had any willpower!! Well, I sure surprised myself!! I'm nearly there!!
Another thing I did was put my fear of heights aside - hell, if I could step on that scale every week, I surely could jump off a mountain on a ZIPLINE!!! My dh and I conquered Hunter Mountain's Sky Rider zipline tour......TWICE!!! It's 3,300 feet across and 600 feet high!! Now I'm looking to go para-sailing when I go to Florida in two weeks!!
Treat yourself well - you are worth it!!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:04 PM

Take care of yourself, bearland53, I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my husband in Aug 2011 and had no appetite for about 9 months, so I've lost my weight (35 lbs), and so far have kept it all off. I just eat healthy and walk a lot. Glad your A1c number is lower. All these gains (our weight loss & your A1c number) were just too too hard to get, so lets keep being healthy in 2013.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:45 PM

Now that I have developed spinal stenosis, have some problems breathing also, I'll be a candidate for losing weight in 2013. Good luck to all of us. With all of the traveling and eating I did during the Holidays, I did not gain any weight so I'm that far ahead. Losing 50 pounds will take me a LONG time, I am afraid, but I'm gonna give it my best try.