Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Distressing... worried about stolen identity. >

Distressing... worried about stolen identity.

Distressing... worried about stolen identity.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:47 AM
Banned

I think the whole point of it is that they (at least my state) has to get a copy of your DL's number and you have to sign the form agreeing that it is you.

The way I see it is someone has either hacked the system to get information or someone on the inside is getting the information and there they go.

Walgreens around this neck of the woods have always been mismanaged and have had a history of no regard to the persons personal information. Thats why I will never step foot into one even if it was the last drugstore left standing.

I would rather eat tree bark than to go any of their stores.

Billy
Old 02-05-2010, 09:33 AM
dsj

I have to agree with you Billy. We had a credit card issue never knew anything about this cc but received the statement which was at the limit in just two transactions, strangely enough the transactions were cash advances from the same bank two different locations. The investigation proved that it was an inside job but they still put it on our credit report. There are a lot of criminal minds out there and they are very good at what they do.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:38 AM
JJs
Banned

Just last night on the late night news they were talking about criminals trying to get sudafed for the meth labs and using fake ids etc...
You REALLY need to get this straightened out - take a cop to the store with you! Call the police - get them involved...
Old 02-05-2010, 11:18 AM

yes please keep us updated! good luck!
Old 03-25-2013, 12:41 PM

Angry Same thing happened to me!

Originally Posted by MistyMarie View Post
I just got back from Wal-greens where I was told that I had reached my limit for Sudafed for the month. I haven't purchased Sudafed in months, so I am really worried now.

I am wondering how I can find out when someone used my ID and where! This is most distressing. I am actually going to call Walgreens later and complain, because they were somewhat rude to me when they told me I had reached my limit.... like I was some kind of meth maker, or something. What a horrible feeling. There were so many people at the counter at the time and I was embarrassed when she announced that I had purchased too many this month. I haven't bought any "drugs" since at least October.
Same thing happened to me EXACTLY! I was so embarrassed and mad at the same time! They offered no help, and looked at me with disgust! I waited for 15-20 minutes for help, but ooohhhh, they were to busy! Like you, I had not purchased any yet this year, and was dumbfounded!