Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you babysit your grandchildren? >

Do you babysit your grandchildren?

Do you babysit your grandchildren?

Old 01-09-2011, 06:31 PM

I still work but was able to watch first grandson on Mondays, loved it and he knows me and pretends to call me. Now at 2 plus we have a great time together.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:51 PM

I watch my grandkids anytime and all the time I (we) can. We (my husband) and I have watched our grandkids from the time they were born as needed. We have 5 now, soon to be 6 any day now. You will never regret the time you spend with them. Yes, you won't get much sewing done, or anything else for that matter, and yes, you'll be tired alot, but you can sew later, and do what you need to do later. I look at the fact that they really need you, the grandparent, and they will remember the time you spent with the and all the memories for the rest of their lives. Nothing will ever replace that. I'm 50 and I still think of my grandparents and they still mean alot to me. I hope I always get to keep my grandkids as needed. :thumbup:
Old 01-11-2011, 01:04 AM

My oldest GS (6) and his mom have lived with me since he was born. She went back to school and I watched him because I was at home. I still watch him and since I am not working right now I pick him up from school. We are living with my son and his family so there are 2 more Grandsons ages 2 and 4 and a couple of months ago my DIL decided to go back to work. So now there were 3 to watch. My daughter doesn't get home til 9pm and the DIL gets home around 10:30pm so I do suppers, bedtime and bathtime with them. I have my mornings usually free to do what I want and on their days off I don't have to worry about them except that now they always want to be downstairs with Grandma! I love the time I spend with them except when the 6 yr old has hockey and I have to take all 3 boys! That can be quite a chore but it is only a couple of times a month that they are both working on hockey nights. My son works on the rigs and is often gone for weeks at a time. When he is home I only have the oldest to look after but he will often include him in the activities he does with his boys. I wouldn't trade this time with them for anything! They grow up so fast! I have told my daughter that if she ever gets married there had better be room for me or Nick will have to stay with me! He agrees and says he always wants to live with Grandma! Smart boy for a 6 yr old.