Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you decorate for Thanksgiving?

Do you decorate for Thanksgiving?

My flock of turkeys flew up from the basement today. They are eyeing the pumpkins left from Halloween. Pilgrim lady has gone missing. Wondering what everyone else does for Thanksgiving decorations.

No inside decor for Thanksgiving. Don't do a whole lot outside either, but we do put up our turkeys for a few weeks in between Halloween and the Christmas display that gets lit on Thanksgiving.

2012turkeys.jpg
    Laura

Paying it forward, one Smile at a time!
    http://twistedvegas.com

Blog Entries
    My daughter and I decorate for just about every holiday there is. Now that she has her own place and it's only me sometimes the only reason I have any decorating going on is because she comes over and does mine too. Now if I could only get her to take it down at my house too.
    Judy

Blog Entries
    I do decorate a bit...Autumn leaves for a wreath on the door and pumpkins left from Halloween. Inside I do the table with pumpkins, etc. Last year I worked with my grandchildren (6 and 8) and we made a "Thanksgiving Tree"..each leaf had something they were thankful for.. that was a lot of fun. This year they will set my table and make placecards for the table. Lots of fun...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dscn1956.jpg  
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Oh, love the Thanksgiving tree idea. Now I know what to do with all those fake "fall" leaves I've saved....... when I get some grandchildren! This is a wonderful way to help kids learn to count their blessings.

Power Poster
    Leave a few pumpkins out that aren't jack-o-lanterns plus have a few pilgrims and turkeys. Do like to decorate for all the holidays.

I decorate. I have a few Jim Shore things that I put out. I also have two very vintage whisky bottles that are Wild Turkey and I put them in the center of the table. My dad owned restaurants and he got them from the salesmen. I also hang up a few wall quilts of Fall themes.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

100_3024.jpgHere is one that I hang up.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

I saw this pattern in an email I got a few days ago......LOL

http://www.allfreesewing.com/Thanksg...y-Costume/ml/1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails roast-turkey-costume.jpg  
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

I rarely decorate for a specific holiday... too much stuff!! There is the making it.. the putting it up .. the taking down.. and the storage... The best I do is change my placemats and its seasonal placemats.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast