Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you ever feel cheated when...

Angry Do you ever feel cheated when...

When you respond to a post only to discover there are 18 to 20 pages of answers to that same post, do you ever feel cheated?

I am fairly new to this board so other, more seasoned, quilters need to sound off about this.
    GramMER to 18 plus 2 great granddaughters!

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't feel cheated. I feel like the original poster was given tons of information on the question at hand. I feel bad for posts that don't get many answers.

i don't understand your 'feeling cheated' ???
    when you read a post you can see how many replys a person has received, you have the opportunity to read through them to see if you can perhaps learn something, or maybe a few people have responded the same as you would- you also have the opportunity to add your opinion or answer. sometimes a post will disappear (go for a few days without anyone adding anything- then suddenly reappear on the what's new list---that's because someone was 'browsing' back a ways, stumbled on it (or even searched for it) and added something new- then it comes back to the (forefront) i've had quilt pictures i posted 4 + years ago suddenly be on the 'what's new' page because someone came across the picture (perhaps a newby who hadn't seen it before) and commented on it- bringing it back to everyone's attention again-
    don't feel 'cheated' just look to see if its a really old post that maybe you have no interest in- you can pick & choose what is of interest to you- and it's perfectly ok to add your comment even if it is really an old post- when it comes forward again people will check it out again to see what's newly added.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

I don't feel cheated, it just shows how many are interested in the subject.and that is really what we are on here for to reach out to each other. I read them all and if I have nothing new to add I don't reply. If I reply and a lot of others do also it makes for a lot of interesting opinions. I feel it is wonderful how many here are so willing to help or give encouragement to those who reach out for help or share their work with us.

Power Poster
    If I LOVE it I still add my comment even if there are 10 pages. For posts asking for help, I like reading through all the solutions even if I have my own method. There is a lot of valuable information contained in those pages.

Blog Entries
    I tend to look before I post at the number of pages of replies. that helps.

If there are 3 or 4 or more pages, I don't post. I figure the original questioner won't read all those postings.
    Proud grandma of Coast Guard grandson and Air Force granddaughter!

Quote Originally Posted by alleyoop1 View Post
    If there are 3 or 4 or more pages, I don't post. I figure the original questioner won't read all those postings.
    Oh, I read all the answers to my questions. Never know what I will learn.LOL............

Quote Originally Posted by GramMER View Post
    When you respond to a post only to discover there are 18 to 20 pages of answers to that same post, do you ever feel cheated?
    No, don't feel cheated. I usually feel that I should go through them because lots of times there are responses, advice and suggestions that might be helpful to my own efforts. I don't always post to them but I've saved a lot of information from these long threads!

I like when there are a lot of responses. I have learned SO MUCH here!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast