Do you have a county fair?

Old 08-22-2010, 06:57 PM

I am in Madison County, IN. We have a county fair...always the 3rd week in July. It is a very nice small fair. We have a small midway with lots of eating places, some rides and generally entertainment on stage each evening. We also have our 4H show going on in conjunction with the midway. Our livestock shows are some of the best quality animals in the state. All three of our children were 10 year 4Hers and always did quite well with hogs and sheep and my daughters always exhibited many projects in the exhibit hall. Both of our daughters were also fair queens which is a really big deal.

The IN State Fair just ended it's two weeks today. My family always goes to both our county fair and the state fair many times. My husband and I have both been on our county 4H assoc. and my husband also has helped out at the state fair in both the swine and sheep barns at various times. Summer just wouldn't be summer without our fairs!

At our county fair, we always eat there several times. When our kids were showing livestock at the state fair, we generally packed a cooler and took crock pot meals. Food/drinks at the state fair are very expensive.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:25 AM
Banned

Yes, in the shanty town yrly near me and a large one covering 3 counties[states I avoid both ,can't cope with meandering crowds!!