Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you have favorite jeans? >

Do you have favorite jeans?

Do you have favorite jeans?

Old 03-19-2017, 11:02 PM

My favourite jeans are Levi Strauss & Co, 712 slimfit. The legs are straight but slim, definitely not skinny fit! They have a little spandex. The best part is the waist which is halfway between low and full waist, so no plumbers butt and nothing tight around my waist. I shattered a vertebrae in a motor vehicle accident and can't wear anything around my waist because of sensitivity from nerve damage. I also bought two pairs because they are so comfortable.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:23 AM

Just want to say, I love this thread! Thanks for starting it!
Old 03-20-2017, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
I have a women's clothing store and NYDJ (Not Your Daughter's Jeans) are our best seller. While the Marilyn is a great style, we sell more of the ankle style since a lot of our customers have a shorter inseam.
My inseam is 28.5" ..I hem them to be 29.5 to allow for shoes with a short heel or wedge. I wash and dry them first to allow for shrinkage...if any...which is minimal at best. I managed a casual retail sore for 13 years years. Blue jeans were the focus. ( The Gap was our competition). Buying jeans are always a challenge...sizes, fit, everchanging cuts...can drive one crazy!

Sandy
Old 03-20-2017, 02:37 AM

Do any of you ladies have trouble finding blue jeans that have the natural waist line with spandex in them? The natural waist line is so hard to find around here. I can't afford to pay $45.00 for a pair of blue jeans.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:27 AM

When I find a pair of jeans I like (online or in store) I try and get another pair in a different color. The problem is that pair doesn't fit like the first pair. If it's the same size and company, why don't they fit the same?
Old 03-20-2017, 04:08 AM

I buy the Jennifer Lopez brand at Kohl's. I wear a size 2 so my choices are limited unless I want to pay and arm and a leg for them. I refuse to pay upwards of $100. for jeans.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:12 AM
dmh

The best jeans by far!! Dress Barn straight jeans, not stove pipe legs. They are so comfortable you won't believe it. Come in capris also.
I told them what I thought, this girl said that is all she has in her closet.
I am pleasingly plump and she was the perfect size. Work for everyone, so comfortable!!
Old 03-20-2017, 04:43 AM

I was never found of jeans and seldom were one
Old 03-20-2017, 04:51 AM

I buy mine online at New York and Co. Mainly because my inseam is 33". I hate to see woman with hghwaters- that is one way to turn jeans into Mom jeans!
I wish there were less spandex in most jeans- if the body can't fit into the size without spandex it's probably not a good idea to wear them. It seems like the waists are starting to get a bit higher sgain- the kids think they are frumpy, but it does hide the muffin tops on all ages lol!
Old 03-20-2017, 05:31 AM

Well, you all have given me some great ideas to go check out. Thanks for your answers. We do at least have a Macy's and a Dress Barn, and I think a Lane Bryant at the mall.
I hate to shop, hate to try on clothes. It is depressing and demoralizing. I used to live in jeans, but now, when I wear them, I can't wait to get home and take them off & put on some sweat pants or other knit pants. The tight synthetic material doesn't let your skin breathe and it doesn't take long to get irritated. Combined with unbreathable spandex underwear, well, a lady is pretty much asking for trouble. And, like others have stated, tight waist bands are a literal pain.
OK, I'll quit complaining. It is spring!